Wednesday, January 09, 2013

TOP TEN FAVORITE ALBUMS OF 2012

{EDIT: don't miss Moonface With Sinai: Hearthbreaking Bravery}

Listened to far more podcasts than music this year, so I don't have nearly the scope I normally try for.  10+ through 3 are all superior pieces of work that I'll likely return to several times a year.  1 and 2 are all-timers for me, and have already integrated themselves nicely into my psyche, making themselves comfortably at home.

Honorable Mention- Big K.R.I.T.:  4 Eva N a Day

Runner-Up- .L.W.H.: CIA TV

10.  Dustin Wong: Dreams Say, View, Create, Shadows Lead

9. Grimes: Visions

8. Emeralds: Just to Feel Anything

7. Mount Eerie: Ocean Roar/Clear Moon

6.  Pallbearer: Sorrow and Extinction

5.  Frank Ocean- Channel Orange

4.  Spiritualized- Sweet Heart, Sweet Light

3.  Baroness- Yellow & Green


It was a bit of a toss-up for the top spot, both were so clutch for me.  But tie goes to the runner, which has to be the up-and-coming Bay Area MVP producers of FRIENDZONE

2.  Dinosaur Jr.- I Bet on Sky

I would listen to this at 6 A.M. at work, and it put me in this beautiful autumn-afternoon-with-your-dog kind of headspace, a sort of submission to life, like a leaf floating downstream.  Some days J. carries me.

1.  FRIENDZONE- Collections 1

When anger and weariness threatened to engulf me, I turned to this FRIENDZONE release of their cloud-rap instrumental tracks.  Cokemachineglow described it as sounding like angels playing soccer and they are dead right.

No comments: