Gillian is great and Paul Rust--one of my favorite recurring guests on Comedy Bang Bang--is fantastic:
*Master of None addressed more issues--family, work and race--than Love managed to and I cop to be majorly prejudiced primarily because MoN prepetuated the lie that Father John Misty is a musician anyone should give a shit about. Honestly, the way that episode kept repeating his name was eerily reminiscent of how the show Nashville named-dropped The Lumineers like a dozen times in one episode. It smells like lawyers or agents are involved...anyway, my internal ombudsman wanted that clearly stated.

3 comments:
Doug's 2015 Pop Culture in Review:
Best TV shows:
1. The last 30 seconds of the last episode of Mad Men. Completely reshaped my impression of the entire show. Brilliant.
2. Love. It's pretty good, as Ben says in the main post. It's honestly what I thought Freaks and Geeks should have been when everybody was flipping out about how awesome it was. Maybe I'm more able to relate to disaffected 30-somethings than disaffected teenagers?
3. That show with Tom Haverford in it. Generally, I liked it. Most Indians I know are immigrants in their 20s or 30s, though, so neither Tom nor his father were particularly relate-to-able.
4. The one with Erin from the Office. Very disappointed. It was nothing like 30 Rock at all.
Best Albums:
1. That Mountain Goats Record with the wrestlers. Classic JD.
2. Belle and Sebastian put out a couple albums, I think. I liked the first one, the second one was kinda boring.
3. I heard a Hold Steady song on the radio at a pizza shop the other day. I was able to pick out just enough words from it to be able to Google it later. It was: "Maggie, I lost our son". Or something. I think it was probably ok.
Best Movies:
1. Inside Out. I watched it in theaters and cried. I cried some the second time I saw it as well. The third time, just a bit. The fourth time, nothing. Then I welled up just a little the 39th time. Then nothing for the next 368 times my daughter forced us to watch it.
2. Star Wars. Seriously, I couldn't get over the fact that the bad guy was the weird looking dude from Girls. Completely ruined it for me.
I think the lesson to learn here is that without you guys, I'm completely adrift culturally . And it's not like I don't have free time, I spent like 1000 hours on fantasy football this year which brought in absolutely $0. Numbers I can handle, culture, not so much.
You were a few measly points away from winning! If not for your new mortal enemy, Fat Eddie Lacy!
I loved the Pop Culture review Doug, you need to make this a column. It is Dad-core.
What you actually heard is just a Craig Finn solo album. You heard the best cut off it. The Hold Steady's last album was in 2014 and it blew chunks.
Post a Comment