Wednesday, March 02, 2016

C'mon, Ivies. Pac-12 stopped tackling in GAMES years ago. Safety first.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure nobody will even notice. First of all, nobody goes to the games anyway. Second, there is really no way to make them play football any worse, so that's probably not really going to change much. And this is from a guy who has watched more Ivy league football than anyone should ever ever admit.

MRMMRMRR, when I was in college, we played without helmets, and we came out just fine. Kids these days.

b said...

Oh Doug, did you go to an Ivy?








I KID I KID I KID







What did you think of this? http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/16/nyregion/at-cornells-hotel-school-an-icy-reception-for-a-planned-merger.html?_r=0

I have a cousin who went there, I'm supportive, but the alumni stuff was pretty unbearable to read.


QUOTH:
"After the trustees’ vote, Liz Longstreet, who graduated in 2008, wrote, “I literally feel sick.’’" Oh no!! Feel better soon!

"“We want to keep our identity as ‘hotelies,’” Alec Ulnick, a junior at the hotel school, said, as he worked the reception desk at the Statler on a recent weeknight." Don't worry kid! You'll always be a hotelie to me.

Anonymous said...

Two! Two Ivies ; )

I saw that--I'm pretty okay with it. It really is confusing where to get a business education within Cornell, especially since most of the 'business' students tend to be in the Ag school and there is a crazy rumor that they hold spots there for athletes. I certainly hope that each program is able to retain their identities, and I certainly have enjoyed some of the advantages of the hotel school, including wines.

I guess, whatever makes us seem like less of a safety school.

Anonymous said...

Also, I've been taking classes at the local Pac-12 school. So obviously I am a man of the people.