Wednesday, March 02, 2016

Fire Helfrich




http://www.predictionmachine.com/Oregon-Ducks-TCU-Frogs-College-Football-Live-01-02-16

Dumbest playcall I've ever seen.  AND I'VE WATCHED JEFF FISHER COACH FOOTBALL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really, really trying hard to figure out what this post is about. Clearly nobody should be going into a tackle with their head... Did Oregon lose or something?

b said...

If this is high-level trolling, bravo, your wit is dry and tastes of watercress and sorrel.

If not, the Oregon Ducks had a 28-0 lead in their bowl game vs. TCU in the minutes before halftime. As a Chip Kelly disciple, Mark Helfrich has little to no football common sense. With a 98% win probability, he runs their quarterback. Quarterback concussed. Oregon goes on to score only 13 more points and lose the game in triple overtime.

I post this not to inflict pain upon Pat and Ian, but suggest that UO is more a highlight reel school a la TCU, Baylor and Boise State than a true contender for the national championship, because they only value offensive football and they often get too clever for their own good. You don't see a lot of teams that don't play defense here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_football_national_championships_in_NCAA_Division_I_FBS

As someone who has to manage expectations for the Fighting Irish every year, I would recommend lowering theirs.

Anonymous said...

Ok, fair enough. Apparently, I've lost all football sense.