Tuesday, June 21, 2016
Ten Thousand Favorite Songs, v. 49
-one of my favorite Christmas memories is walking Arthur through a sculpture garden in the snow, all lit up, listening to two hours of the Allman brothers
--youtube knows what's up where radio doesn't--when I see 69M views I know I'm not a crazy person. this song would have been a radio monster anywhere from like '81 to '99. I love the production so much.
("roar" has 1.5B views, so I'm not saying this rubric is flawless)
---there are at least 20 Gaga songs that will end up on here, and this is the most ear-wormy so proceed with caution
----i mean, it's gaga, beyonce, rihanna i get aggravated when others are placed on this tier. gaga seems to me to be the most creative and least aware on how to harness her talent. It's like in fantasy when they're trying to put dudes on the Antonio Brown tier. Step off, Demaryius!
-even when she's makes songs where I don't buy in for swathes, she throws in hooks or bridges with this absurd amount of nuance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment