Sunday, March 14, 2021

Fleet Foxes SHORE (2020)



I was an early adopter of Fleet Foxes. I thought their Sun Giant EP had some really great moments ('Mykonos' in particular) and was disappointed by the subsequent albums, in relation to the promise I thought they had and the overboard critical adoration. They took a lengthy hiatus, during which we were subjected to the loathsome Father John Misty, and they quietly returned last year with a very fine album.  The scenester zeitgeist has moved on and left them behind, but that doesn't mean you're obliged to do the same. 

PS I had a weird thought the other day, that if kids eating lead paint chips (and really, how many paint chips were these kids eating?  Not exactly Doritos) gave them brain damage, what the hell did breathing in leaded gasoline do to the brains of urban dwellers before it was banned? Turns out they've done the research, and it correlates nearly identically with the rise and fall of violent crime rates in America.  In summation, nationalize the energy industry.  


No comments: