Monday, March 08, 2021

The Pilgrim WALKING INTO THE FOREST (2019)

I'd really like to post more but the weather has been ideal for like 5 straight months and there's lots of hikes and beaches to explore so I'm gonna do that until I twist an ankle or something (I AM *NOT* MANIFESTING THIS, MR. UNIVERSE)but in the meantime keep cool my babies! I ran 20 miles Friday before last from Downtown Monterey to Moss Landing (the fishing village that is about halfway up Monterey Bay to Santa Cruz) and I forded the Salinas River with my shoes and running pants held aloft and yes it was a sandy bottom and yes the quicksand tried to eat your beefy boy, but never fear, I was borne up on eagles' wings and made it back home, thanks to the Good Lord and a loyal wife and dog that waited past sunset for me and drove us home, where I drank a half-pint of TJ's purple drank, threw up, and went to bed. A supposedly fun thing that I'm never doing again. the world is so goddamn beautiful I hope some good humans survive and see it back again

No comments: