I should have posted this a while ago but I didn't get around to it.
Former Jesuit student files suit, saying a teacher molested him
Petition
Friday, October 07, 2005
The $4 million lawsuit alleges that Rev. John Schwartz abused "J.T." in the '80s
A former Jesuit High School student has filed a $4 million lawsuit against the school, saying that a teacher molested him in the late 1980s.
The former student, identified by the initials "J.T." in the lawsuit, claims that the Rev. John Schwartz engaged in various sex acts with him in 1986 and 1987.
John Kaempf, an attorney for Jesuit High School, issued the following statement:
"First and foremost, the Jesuit High School community condemns sexual abuse. In its nearly 50 years of educating students, Jesuit has never before had a priest accused of sexual abuse of a student. Jesuit's most important priority is the safety of its students.
"Unfortunately, this is the first notice to Jesuit of these claims, which involve alleged events nearly 20 years ago and an anonymous plaintiff. Father John Schwartz was never accused of any wrongdoing when he worked for Jesuit from 1981 to 1987.
"Jesuit will promptly investigate this matter so this case can be fairly resolved," wrote Kaempf, a shareholder in the law firm of Bullivant Houser Bailey.
Schwartz is no longer a member of the Oregon Province of the Society of Jesus, also known as the Jesuits. He is now a parish priest in the Archdiocese of San Francisco, Kaempf said.
A spokesman for the San Francisco Archdiocese did not return a call seeking comment Thursday.
The lawsuit against Jesuit High was filed Wednesday in Multnomah County Circuit Court.
Jesuit is an Oregon nonprofit and is independent of the Portland Archdiocese, which sought bankruptcy protection last year in the face of millions of dollars in sexual abuse claims. -- Ashbel S. Green
54 comments:
sandy's got a lot on her plate this year.
now you have two comments
three
four.
does it count if I'm the one commenting?
five
yeah it counts
six
seven.
Awesome.
so how was your day? eight.
nine.
oh it's was cool ya know walked the dog and took pictures of my neigborhodd while people looked at me like was insane.
How was yours?
it was pretty mellow, you know, the usual...classes and such and such. how's the weather in oregon?
ten.
Oh you know typical portland weather! RAIN!!
You know you miss it!!!
I know it's misting there!!!
So what did you eat today?
muffins by chance!!
shit i mean eleven and you meant ten!!
no, i had no muffins, but i did have bread. mmm bread. bread reminds me of magda. way to screw up the system.
THIRTEEN
Fourteen!!!
You screwed up too!!!
That's good cause if you ate mufins you'd be canabalistic!!!
AHHHHH!!!
yes, because I am a muffin. fifteen
Sixteen.
YES You're my little love muffin and Magda is my gluten free love muffin!!
But I don't have to worry about you eating magda cause gluten free=ew.
ooh my favorite number, seventeen!
yeah, gluten free is gross. I had these gluten free desserts once and I wanted to throw them away, but that would be wasteful, so I toughened up and ate them anyway.
eighteen.
gluten free is gross!!! well some of it's good! If magda makes it it's good!!! She makes scrumdidly umptious gluten free cake...mmmmm.
I still have my flower!!!
flower or flour?
nineteen..that's how old you are.
twenty.
Magda put a wax flower on my birthday cake when we went to the river!!! I still have it on my desk in my room!
That was such a goood cake!!
Yes I am 19, very astute.
wow 7 seconds! how are you replying so fast??
twenty-one
twenty-two
I am just that talented!!
apparently...
wtf are you listening to?
twenty-three
twenty-four
how can you hear what I'm listening to!?
holy shit 3 seconds!! that's insane! that must be a world record! oh, i'm under your bed by the way.
twenty-five
twenty-six
YAY!!! NANCY IS HERE.
I GO FIND YOU!!!
i'm not actually there... try to reply in one second, you can do it, you can do it....
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
OH sad you aren't here! tear.
Ok let's go for the gold!!
ONE SECOND HERE I COME!!!
thirty.
Second time's a charm!!
um, you should twenty nine that time dumbass.
the, real thirty.
thirty-one.
Ok.
This time for sure.
YESSSSSSSS!! we rock, I mean you rock..for typing really fast..
thirty-two
thirty-three.
yes I do.
Do you think we're going to be excumunicated from the blog?
nah, Ben's a nice guy..right Ben? you wouldn't excommunicate us would you?
thirty-five.
Now who forgot their number?
Ms. thirty-four.
DAMMIT thirty-six
should we stop now?
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
nah. we should round it to forty!!
yeah! maybe other people will join in!
thirty-nine
forty.
Yeah at least we got to forty!!!
YAY!!!
PS If you read all of that me and believe you should be committed.
ok, i think we me and Cynda should cool it and see if anyone else actually comments..
forty-one comments!
Um, hi.
HELLO NUMBER YOUR COMMENTS!!!
GEEZ!
forty-four
yeah geez! forty-five. that's a good point joe.
Well, yeah... It's a really horrible thing, and I don't really know what to think about it. But you know, I'd bet some of these lawsuits are completely fabricated by people who are just taking advantage of the what some people actually have gone through and see a way to make some money. But I don't know...
You guys do realize what a lawsuit like this could mean for our school, right? Especially financially... It's huge.
fourty seven
what the hell people... always trying to make Jesuit look bad
first you slander us with recuitment... and now this!!
go sue the damn guy not our awesome school.
p.s. i am HOME
The lawsuit is nothing to be worried about.
And this commenting is nothing to proud of. For reference on how to do it in the future: http://mmmgravy.blogspot.com/2005/04/conversation-in-ethics.html#comments
We had such an allstar lineup in that class.
Oh we definitely thought of that post when all this commenting occured, but weren't trying to copy you really. It was just a bit late, we were bored, and the post still had no comments. We figured this might garner a few ...and it worked! muahahahaha
fourty-nine.
50. STOLEN HAHA
I'm a jerk :)
might as well make it 51
ahem.
and 52.
just for good measure. plus there are 52 cards in a deck. so.. yeah
Hi Nancy remember how we were discussing our respective math skills? Yeah, you just said "fourty." That's not how we spell it at Cornell, my friend.
shut up Ken, it was late
Shhh, Dave!
Post a Comment