Wednesday, December 21, 2005
A blogworthy event
Well, I know I told most of you, but seriously, if what happened to me isn't blogworthy, what is? So the gist of is I almost got myself killed twice in two days. The first was when I was running at forest park. I was running, and everything was going well, until I managed to get myself on a side trail that led me off a cliff 40 feet above highway 26. I managed to scurry back up the hill, but it was fairly scary. Found a place where homeless people live. There were empty alcohol containers, and a spot where it look like people have spent some time. The other time was on my trip to Bend. About 10 miles past Government Camp, I hit a patch of ice. My car starts sliding, and I end up crashing into a tanker, and I thought the driver, too. It turns out that the driver hoisted himself up on a bar before my car reached him, but I didn't know that. I bounced off the tanker and stopped 20 feet away. My brother and I jump out of the car to investigate what I feared would be a bloody mess on the truck. It turns out that the driver was pretty much okay, but then another car, a red Volkswagen hatchback hits the same icy patch that I hit, and slides into my brother and I. I see it in time, and try to dive out of the way, but I slip, and wasn't able to get off in time. The car hit my legs, and I spun off of it, but my brother got hit dead on, and hit the windshield, kinda like Happy Gilmore did when he got hit by a Volkswagen. Except for some seriously sore muscles, I'm fine, but my brother fractured his fibula (The small, unimportant leg bone. After all the annoying paper work stuff, I try driving off, but the car is totaled. I got a tow truck back to Government Camp, and spent the night in a hotel. My Aunt and Uncle came up the next day and got us, and we are now safely in Bend. We should be back up on the 28th, and I hope to see you all after that. I would have seen more of you when I was still in PDX, but the whole snow thing kinda made things hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
wow Doug...glad you and your brother are okay...
You guys are lucky Doug got hit by that car. If he hadn't, you would have had to read a post about my idea for sushi burritos.
post script
Doug, if you are still thinking about a Justice League nickname, I would suggest The Thing or Hulk. Your brother can be Juggernaut.
Dude, I had that thought too, I mean about the sushi burritos. It was make your own sushi day at one of the dining halls, and I got hellua lazy, and just decided to make a burrito instead of wrapping it up tight and cutting it. Didn't work out too well. Made as much of a mess as all my other failed attempts at sushi.
I was going to post about my recent pseudo-accident but yours is way, way cooler. Hit in person by a car and still running. Or typing, whatever. You're a god.
Post a Comment