Saturday, December 10, 2005

No. 1 Duke v. No. 2 Texas: 97-66

NOW we're playing like national champions.

8 comments:

b said...

Texas is always overrated. In every sport. But especially basketball.

X said...

No. 1 University of Portland v. No. 2 Penn State: 1-0

No. 1 University of Portland v. No. 4 UCLA: 4-0

Now we ARE national champions.

b said...

It's not so much jealousy as I have always hated Duke's basketball program.

post script
Monday, besides capitalizing the wrong words there, I would like to point out that all of us are from Portland and still care very little.

Ken Colwell said...

Au contraire, Ben, I actually watched that game in my living room and got my roommates to cheer for Portland! Unfortunately, Thursday, it's still women's soccer.

X said...

okay first of all our woman's soccer team is THE UP team. It would be like Duke's basketball winning the championships, or Notre Dame winning the Football Championship, or Cornell winning the Chess Championship. It is THE team of UP. Soccer is everthing at UP.

Secondly I didn't know Ken was so sexist.

Thirdly Mayor Potter of Portland (who happens to be my neighbor) put on a huge ceremony at pioneer courthouse square, not to mention the greeting at the airport and the huge ceremony at the Chiles center when they came back to campus.

Forthly, you are just jealous that we have a national championship team and you don't.

X said...

I swear no inside or neighborly bartering was used in obtaining the celebration at Pioneer Courthouse Square.

b said...

So Ken, did you show the same enthusiasm in listening to your high school win the state championship?

Ken Colwell said...

Saturday, I am very, very sexist. Be sure to let me know if that offends you.

Ben, you bet your donkey I did. Oregonlive.com was my savior. Beautiful, beautiful! (Come on man. Keo was in my small group.)