Friday, May 04, 2007
Sad News
I'm putting this up here for everyone who missed the email from Don Clarke. At 9 am on Friday, Lauren Alcantar passed away. I had thought, and hoped, that she had the cancer in remission, or at least that her fight was going better than it was. They're holding a mass at Jesuit at 9pm for her, and Don asks that any of you who are at college go to the chapel or a sacred space at that time. Its hard for me to believe that she is gone... seems so surreal, not only to lose someone from our graduating class, but to lose someone that we worked on plays with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I will be there. I just heard about a half hour ago, from my sister who recieved an e-mal from Beth Fagan. I still have the video that she and I made for Spanish class...
... and now my sister is playing "somewhere over the rainbow" ... how sadly appropriate.
my brother called me. i figured he wanted help asking a girl to prom. and then everything got real. you can't even say anything.
That's horrible. I can't be there, but I'll pray for her family.
Post a Comment