Saturday, December 11, 2010

Merry Christmas, Gravy

Hey Party People,

First off, wanted to wish everyone a happy christmas season. This really is the best time of the year. I know many of you doubt ben when he claims cool things are about to happen. I've been hearing about the coolest hangout ever in his basement for the last eight years and that has yet to happen. But we really are having a beach trip over christmas break and if you are a reader of this blog and went to high school with us, you're more than welcome. Even you, katie bieze. Just contact Ben. I repeat ben, not myself, and you'll get all the details.

Cam Newton got the Heisman. He's gonna have to give that back. Anyone who thinks differently, i'll put 100 on it.


Go ducks.

Favorite christmas tradition. Go.

For me, it's going to my uncle's on christmas eve. We've gone there ever since we moved to Portland. It's gotten even better since we've gotten older. My uncle thinks its funny to get us drunk knowing that we go to the christmas eve mass at jesuit right afterwards. But i defy anyone to turn down one of his martini's. They're real and they're spectacular. Good times. But interested to hear all your christmas traditions. hopefully they're a little more wholesome.

3 comments:

magda. said...

I like our Polish Christmases. We do presents and everything on Christmas Eve, and we also have to prepare at least 12 different dishes for dinner and it all has to be vegetarian (good for me, for once) and you have to eat some of everything if you want your next year to be any good.

We also always pull out the home video of the time when my dad came in pretending to be Santa Claus (in sunglasses) and terrified my little sister to tears. Good times.

Miguel said...

Last-minute placing of the Christmas presents on Christmas Eve, maybe hanging out with family friends...when I was a kid that night was the time my parents took to revamp the Christmas tree's ornaments (i.e., the ornaments my brother and I had put up). Christmas is Mass, brunch with Grandma, presents and hanging out until dinner, where we generally go to my grandma's house and open presents from her and from our cousins on my dad's side. Set schedule traditions; food, etc. is always up for grabs.

Peru has some very set traditions: hot chocolate (milk-based) and panettone Christmas day. Roast piglet Christmas Eve, with a countdown to midnight. The 25th is just...well, a day. You hang out, you're with family, but the huge stuff all happens on the 24th. Always interesting to wear your Sunday best as summer has just started to make things really hot and uncomfortable.

b said...

I have been the first one out of bed on Christmas since I could walk. We get to open our stockings without waiting, so I always got to compare G.I. Joe's with my brothers and be tempted to swap them. Santa always forgot that Tim liked COBRA and I liked the Joe's.

Of course, these days it means that I just plug in all the lights and read the Oregonian at the window.

We always go to Christmas Eve Mass, so we usually come home to Its a Wonderful Life aka Ben's favorite movie. And then the Yule Log on PBS and then Christmas morning mass from Rome.

Mike, that countdown sounds pretty adorable.

ps
I'm pretty sure one of us could support ourselves just off the money collected from Pat's Bad Bets.