Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Ten Thousand Favorite Songs, v. 92



-top 5 live shows i've seen...calves still sore



--i really need to investigate their later work, Interpol's later work, etc.  I just love their breakout albums so much, part of my brain just wants them to be complete documents, unburdened by the passage of time.



---for some reason I listened to this album in the dining hall a lot a lot.



----great night driving song, or greatest night driving song?



-----i can't really listen to MM too much anymore, like Radiohead, it is stuff I really liked when I was miserable and I stand by how good it is, but it just ends up sounding suffocating now.  I'm sure that's just a defense mechanism in my brain against returning to a sour state, but i'll just trust my instincts.  This is the outlier though, the pocket of oxygen in a dark and viscous sea.

No comments: