




My guy Yorick Le Saux shot on a a couple different film stocks for a mood that can seem chilly yet lovely and grand on the city-scale, and warm and dangerous on the human scale. I love how those snowy scenes place the film spiritually in the seventies.




Guadagnino says "For me, the production design always leads" and I think that sentiment makes his films enveloping worlds where the characters are lovable and forgivable. Wouldn't you be a little absurd if you lived this luscious life? With affection for this loving, neglectful family, he turns up the gentle simmer to an operatic boil and ends with the heroine's flight, as if grief and shame were even more potent rocket fuel than desire.




If I could pick a job in film, it would be director of photography. I'd be the guy with strong opinions about ethers.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
1.85:1
35mm
Arricam Lite; Arri 535B
Cooke, Angenieux and Arri lenses
Kodak Vision3 500T 5218; Fuji Eterna 250T 8553
Printed on Kodak Vision 2383
|
No comments:
Post a Comment