Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Proof Positive: Math Drives Ya Crazy (or to the bottle)

Well, today's Math80 Quiz section started off normally enough. We hung out until our TA, a scrawny pseudo-emo nerd guy, showed up and let us into the top room in Cudahy Hall (with the comfy black chairs, hell yeah). Then he gave us back our quizzes.

This is what he put on mine (sorry the photo is kinda fuzzy, I lack a scanner).



It's a drawing of a horse with those novelty eyes pasted onto it that says "that was good naaaaaaay great." Every kid who scored a perfect (pretty much all of us except for a couple of kids who didn't actually show up for the quiz, oops) got back a paper with some sort of crazy-eyed animal doodle on it extolling their goodness at proving the limit. When confronted about having way too much time on his hands, our TA simply stated "nah, I just grade 'em when I'm drunk."

So THAT'S why I'm getting a 98 in Calculus.

7 comments:

Nancy said...

that's amazing. I don't think any of my TAs are that creative when they're drunk.

Cynda said...

I wish a TA like that graded my tests then maybe I wouldn't be getting C's on them.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I wish a TA like that graded my tests then maybe I wouldn't be getting 49% on them.

Ken Colwell said...

Dude, they didn't even grade one of your answers--they probably *were* drunk.

Anonymous said...

They look like they came straight from a Sci-Fi convention. Pretty sure they don't drink.

Ken Colwell said...

I'm actually planning on taking Supermodel Theory. I mean grammatically speaking it's got to be better.