Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Posers

Hey everybody, remember that time Ken single-handedly defaced the St. Ignatius statue at Jesuit by taping a tequila bottle he found to its hand? How awesome was that? Ken's the man, despite what Pat thinks. Anyway, some jerkoff stole his idea here at Notre Dame and duct taped a liquor bottle to Fr. Sorin, except Sorin doesn't have a hand that's perfect to tape bottles to, so they just stuck it to his crossed arms. Lame. And I bet he did it with some friends, unlike our Eagle Scout who went solo. Junior year Ken Colwell is infinitely cooler than the most-likely upperclassmen who pulled this sorry replica of his prank. I don't think we knew how good we had it guys.

post script
No, I'm not bitter Kenneth.

16 comments:

Cynda said...

I think you guys may have missed the point.

I like Katie's idea tho. Although according to Magda (and I wholeheartedly agree) I am a sap so I would of course love the idea.

Anonymous said...

Haha, I have Ken all to myself. And by "all to myself" I mean that he lives in Balch now, and I hardly ever get to see him. But I will see him for the first 10 minutes of his concert on Friday before I leave becasue my roommmate locked himself out of his room.

Scott Nye said...

Ben, Notre Dame will always be a little behind the times...even their name sounds old.

Katie, it's an awesome idea, someone should totally start that.

Pat, I think I wish I knew what that meant, but I can't be sure.

Cynda, yeah you're a sap but if other people agree too, it can't be too sappy.

Doug, tell your roommate to shove it, then find his key.

I have no idea why I felt I had to reply to everybody.

Ken Colwell said...

I really, really like the way this post is going. God, Ben, you're right--that was my best prank ever. I'll send you my little book of ideas if you want to do your own someday.

Misha said...

Um, he did have help tho. He used my backpack, and Mike and I stood guard. So we kinda helped!

Misha said...

Oh and good idea Katie. Wonderful. Who doesn't need a boost from time to time?

Ken Colwell said...

Misha, shhhhh! No one but I had any part in that! NO ONE!

Misha said...

who are we starting with?

Cynda said...

I was actually rethinking this. It may not be the best idea and has the potential to do more harm then good.

just a thought tho. I could be wrong.

Cynda said...

I was going to tell you exactly why I thougth it was a bad idea but decided against it. If you wanna know im me or call me or something and I'll tell you why.

Suffice to say maybe just writing the people you want to affirm or doing it some other way is better and hey even more personal, but like I said if the majority of people or even a few of you want to do it go ahead. I just forsee a few minor problems.

Nancy said...

Misha...you're backpack?? I distinctly remember him sticking that bottle into my backpack!

b said...

This all pains me very much.

Miguel said...

Regardless, I stood guard. Kind of.

I told Ken where the tape could be found, too.

Cynda said...

Poor Benji.

Ken Colwell said...

See Ben? If you do something legendary like I did, your friends will remember it for YEARS!

X said...

I remember you Ben!

Ken youre an ass, but a good-looking ass.