Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Karolyn is going to Colorado

That's right. This Summer I'm heading off to Colorado State University (one of the top schools in the nation for this program) in Fort Collins to get my masters in Student Affairs. Yay, more school! wait what?

Anyways,
If y'all don't mind a few lines of bragging:

Out of 196 applicants,
only 40 of us were invited to interview on-campus...
for only 20 spots,
one of which is mine now!

Just thought I'd share the HUGE news.
-Karolyn

p.s. Screw bottled water. Unless you live somewhere where the drinking fountain water is definitely not clear (aka anywhere other than the west). Woohoo fluoride!

5 comments:

Adrianna said...

congratulations!!! how long will you be there for? do you plan on going on to get the big ph to the d?

all water treated in the united states (not well water) is safe to drink straight from the tap-- IF your distribution system of piping is clean and up to date. unfortunately, some cities have very old or even unmapped water utilities (milwaukee recently found some pipes made out of hollowed out tree trunks, no lie), so there's no way of knowing this.

come on stimulus $$ get me some clean non-skank water!

Nancy said...

Congrats!

Philly water tastes skanky.

Karolyn said...

I leave in the middle of summer (like July 16th) and the program is two years long.

I think I'd like to do some full time work afterwords for a few years before becoming Dr. Karolyn. That would be pretty B.A. though.

Hollowed out tree trunks? What in the world?! Yeah, the water at Ball State in Indiana sucked too, sorry Ben & John. That's really what did me in, Colorado's water, haha.

Scott Nye said...

I wouldn't consume anything served to me at a place called Ball State. Call me immature, but you gotta have standards.

Congrats, by the by.

b said...

i was the other 156 applicants. i'm using dozens of slightly different variants on my name and resume and spamming everyone. playing the numbers game never failed so good.

so yeah, thanks for rubbing it in karo. but congratulations, colorado is beautiful and you get to live in a muthaluvin FORT which is sweet beyond sweet.