Thursday, November 17, 2005

Prayers greatly appreciated.

Today we got a call saying that there was a liver available for my dad. He is now in the ICU being prepped for said liver. They will be harvesting the liver in an hour or so and we will know if it is in good enough condition to be transplanted. The operation is scheduled for nine tonight. Anything can happen though and my mom and I are trying not to get our hopes up. They may decide in a few hours that it won’t work and send my dad home. Also, he is a very high-risk patient due to malnourishment and his social worker said that the speed in getting a transplant is a testament to how sick he really is. All we can do now is hope and pray.

I will most likely be in a hospital waiting room all night, so if you feel like you want to call feel free. The surgery can last anywhere from 5-18 hours and I’ll be honest with you, if I can’t have your friendly faces it would be really nice to hear some friendly voices.

Thanks for all your support. Please keep my dad in your thoughts and prayers tonight. It really means a lot to me.

3 comments:

Adrianna said...

Praying!!

Cynda said...

Thanks guys. Just so you know he made it through the surgery and is doing all right. He still isn't excabated and hasn't woken up but he should be ok.

Nancy said...

AHH! That's great news!