Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I HATE Business Majors

they should not be in college. they should not be given a degree.

I work in the library. business majors don't know how to use the library, they have never wanted to know. this is why they are business majors. so usually i don't have to deal with them. this makes me happy. occassionally, one of their professors-really stop and ask yourself what kind of person is a business professor. it makes no sense- puts something on reserve. I can't tell if this is done ironically or not. i hope so. i hope these professors are just very disillusioned, self-hating people whose only joy in life is watching these 'students' jump through hoops and not realize what absurd jokes they are. the following is an excerpt from one of their 'readings', "Chapter 5 Cost Behavior: Analysis and Use":

'Memorize the elements of the equation Y=a+bX. You need to understand this equation to complete most of the homework exercises and problems.'

AAAAAHHHHHH! I hate them all. Notre Dame is regularly a top 20 school, and somehow our business school is supposed #3. (I am dubious of the former and disgusted by the latter.) This is for a 200-level accountancy course. They are learning something we all know from 6th grade. I hate them all. Really and truly. This is not a joke. I hate them.

2 comments:

Adrianna said...

One time I saw a couple of girls trying to figure out how to swipe into the library during finals week. I can only assume they were business or comm majors. Or some bastardized version of the two.

"Now let's talk about these numbers. What are numbers? What do they mean? Am I communicating well with you here?"

If you'll excuse me, I'll be passing out in the place affectionately known as "the Pit" with my engineering buddies now.

Anonymous said...

I'm actually kind of proud of the fact that I've never had to use or even go to the library.