Saturday, May 07, 2016

Ten Thousand Favorite Songs, v. 11



-M83 manages to make nostalgic-au current- and future music, all while building natural excitement and extending empathy.  Strange brew.



--such a great career arc too, made music for the moody kids for years, now somehow realized how many people feel like outcasts, at least some of the time.  I always underestimated the value of big tent music.



---best French artist since Edith Piaf?



----weird analogue, but the only American band I can think of that manages to skew formula but cobble together dynamic, unpredictable songs that thrill



-----Adam Goldberg!

PS for playing along at home:



I came up with the idea of this when I realized Spotify caps you out at 10K songs in 1 playlist.  I wondered if I had 10,000 songs I'd always be happy to hear.  I'm not sure.  They don't have Neil Young or Prince, so that makes it a little dicey, but we'll see

No comments: