Thursday, May 26, 2016

Ten Thousand Favorite Songs, v. 25



-those are some very lightly tapped bongos



--if you haven't been to the Crystal Ballroom 80's dance party, you absolutely should



---so weird and magical



----prepare for your lizard brain to be happy all day



-----would have been an amazing Catwoman. Probably would still be, if DC could actually commit to Dark Knight Returns instead of taking half-measures.

2 comments:

Scott Nye said...

There are some days when I would swear "Come on Eileen" is as good as it gets. It's really got it all.

b said...

I talked to a wedding DJ once who was *mystified* by how much people love dancing to it. It violates everything he understood about getting a party going, and he was miffed couldn't reconcile it.

I want to know more about the song, how it was recorded, what the public reception was like when it come out, but even more I want it to remain a strange mystery, a hole-in-one from the tennis court.