Saturday, May 28, 2016

Ten Thousand Favorite Songs, v. 27 and thoughts of the moment




Hail, Caesar!  and the The Nice Guys were both thoroughly pleasant affairs. Mindy's having a great season and Lady Dynamite is fun. (We're seeing Maria Bamford for a second time in a few weeks and I couldn't be more excited. She and Patton are the best stand-ups I've ever seen.)  Portlandia had maybe its most boring season yet.  Steph pointed out how much of it didn't seem to take place in Portland.  Not sure what is up there.  Now you're caught up!



-reggae always sounds best to me early in the morning



--probably my very favorite



---I think with the knee-jerk disowning of hacky-sack bros kind of threw the baby out with the bathwater in a lot of ways.  I mean, would you rather hang out with someone who was way into Marley or LCD Soundsystem?  Overall people interested in a gentler world, but because they had laughable accessories....idk



----sharing a roof at night is a profound thing.  I think it's one of those Vonnegut things that has a force to it that you might want to deny, but it's there all the same.



-----Making HAY on your hate

PS  They remastered It Still Moves and it sounds even more terrific:



No comments: