Thursday, May 05, 2005

Donde están los hispanos?

Since I have yet to tell OSU that I will in no way be attending their school, they keep sending me mail. Most of said mail is rather mundane stuff but I recieved one the other day that was quite amusing.
"Dear New Oregon State Beaver,

Congratulations on your admission to Oregon State University!" ... "We are writing to let you know about a program which just got started at Oregon State this past fall term. It is the College Assistance Migrant Program(CAMP) and provides support and services for first-year college students from migrant/seasonal farmworker families." .... "In addition, CAMP is based on a cohort system where the approximately 40 CAMP students will learn group problem-solving techniques and participate in mentoring and tutoring programs." ... "I hope you take a few minutes to consider the positive support that CAMP could provide for you as you begin your education at Oregon State University!"

Ummm...
Just wondering, did they blindly send this letter out to all people listed as Hispanic? Because it sure doesn't look like they did any research.

2 comments:

Shakeer said...

It's certainly a possiblity. Indeed I would not hesitate to entertain it as such.

Ken Colwell said...

You should write back: "¿Qué dijo usted? No puedo leer inglés. Lo aprendería pero siempre estoy trabajando en el campo."