Hate to break up this streak of great blogging with a serious post, but I have something I have to say. I hate flip-flops. On males. They look ridiculous. Especially here at ND. We're not in the O.C., this is fucking Indiana. Does it even border a Great Lake? If so, barely. I expected to see less coming here, not more. When the fad started, I figured it was just that flip-flops made a guy look like a tool, now I understand that they mean he is a tool. Some guys can pull them off. The vast majority can't. This article, long in coming, was triggered by something I saw after the beginning-of-school Mass yesterday. Walking towards the picnic, I saw a guy in a pink button-down shirt, flowered tie, light khaki slacks, and some of the queerest flip-flops I have ever seen. And he didn't even have the courtesy not to be ugly. This trend is a disgrace to the gender. Why not just wave a white flag to the terrorists, or better yet, gain French citizenship? In my opinion, it's as if you are signing away your manhood by wearing them. How the hell are you gonna fight bad guys in flip-flops? If you're gonna wear some ridiculous footwear, make it cowboy boots. At least they have some masculinity. So in summation, my vast American male reading audience, don't wear flip-flops. They're completely notdude. And tell your buddies flip-flops are for fags. Thank you, goodnight, and God bless America.
post script
Engineering honor students get their own lounge. I'm going to take advantage of it this year, as I may be switching majors come April. Its really nice. Big room in a century-old building, fifty feet of windows, and all the amenities you could ask for other than a swimming pool with spouts that pour out pink bubbles. It makes me feel like a prefect.
post post script
I've got such a dude crew going.
9 comments:
Thanks for the tip Alan, I haven't been there and I'll be sure to check it out. I knew some place gave out free soda, for some reason I remembered the LaFortune Center (incorrect.) My little brother was disappointed.
Hey, i like flip-flops. I just bought a pair from american eagle, best shoe purchase ever. My feet felt like they were orgasming the whole day. So, fuck you ben.
PS: Smart cows means good milk.
Doug, you just proved Ben's point.
And thw word thing is much less annoying than those anonymous posts. Thanks, Shakeer.
Oh shit, that was Toffler. Hey buddy, glad you made it here. Now where's Ansaf at?
post script
You beat me to the punch Ian, but it was probably good it came from an objective third party such as yourself.
My concern with flip-flops isn't so much the look as that damn sound. If there were some way to take hold of and defeat that cursed sound, I'd do it. Thankfully, my all-too-flip-floppy shower shoes are too solid to make that noise.
And holy crap this word verification thing is ass. They could've at least made a WORD.
I dunno, dvomspej looks like a word to me...
yesterday I saw a man with shoulder-length curly hair, a light pink button-down short-sleeved shirt, light plaid shorts of some queer material that made them look like they were just BARLELY sticking to his loins...and he was really ugly.
He wasn't wearing flip-flops, but in other respects he was very similar to the said offender of Ben's eyes. Anybody else opposed to the majority of the male gender wearing solid pink shirts?
Very opposed.
I dunno Mike I'm sure you'd look adorable in a pink shirt!! ;)
thanks for the vote of confidence. In fact, it instills in me such confidence that I don't think I'll ever need to try wearing one.
Post a Comment