So today the gang down at the Kid Mine (that's what I call the daycare as I gruffly joke with my dad about how tough and manly my job is) threw me a going away party. My boss bought me lunch, they brought in a cake and ice cream, and later in the afternoon we watched my Disney movie of choice, The Great Mouse Detective. Of course my favorite is Peter Pan, but I figured that would be an awkward selection, what with Michael Jackson and all. Anyway, it was all very sweet. The kids asked if they could come to my wedding. I'll miss them but I won't miss the job. I've been working there for a year and a quarter, and thus even the nostalgic fool in me is having a difficult time finding a reason to be sad at leaving. I had a good time playing with the kids, and it even changed my disinclination towards having a family, but if I stayed much longer War would have been the most complicated game I could play. So I took the remnants of my sheet cake and hit the road. "What's your road, man?-holyboy road, madman road, rainbow road, guppy road, any road. It's an anywhere road for anybody anyhow...." Yeah, its the most used quote from
On the Road, but I just read that part today. I'm digging it.
post script
Before I worked there, I used to think that all those comical misspellings that kids do (the backwards S and whatnot) were just madeup. I can tell you that this is not the case. We'd play town (I was the millionaire, and I'll tell you, even play money corrupts) and the signs were crazy. This is a picture the kid who cried that his heart was broken when he lost at poker drew me:
2 comments:
You're gonna be such a good daddy! Awwwww...
Only 3 days left at CS for me, and 4 left at MB. Ahhh, those last 5 days of pure, sweet summer are gonna be amazing.
One day left of Burgerville... tomorrow.
Haha I wish that all loins looked like that. It would make things... interesting.
Forget I wrote that last part.
Post a Comment