So basically I was going to fill this post with many up close pictures of bison, elk, moose, and really cool gysers but alas my camera software is packed away and I thus am unable to do so! :(
BUT, it has been really fun because while in yellowstone there were elk and bison walking along the road right by the cars they were so close that you could reach out and touch them. I however did not do this (obviously).
Also while driving through Wyoming I realized that there is nothing there!! I mean it's beautiful but boy it hit me when we passed a sign on the outside of a town that said "population 10" and saw a sign declaring Crazy Lady River was only a mile away.
Finally, and this is the clincher, as my mom and I were driving through Gillete, Wyoming a bridal party was celebrating with the bride and groom by following them down main street with pick-up trucks while the bride and groom waved at them from the back of another truck (complete with cowboy hats). Anyway it was quite a spectacle as all the pick-ups slowed and turned on their flashers while honking and then brides maids and grooms men jumped from the back of the pick-ups and chased after the bride and groom. Ah, don't you just love hick weddings! Oh and btw the wedding took place in a park just between k-mart and walmart!!
See and this is the kind of stuff you miss out on when you fly!
4 comments:
Ha, Crazy Lady River, I saw that. Can I get a hell yeah for Highway 90? No? Well, yeah, it does kind of blow.
but think about what you're missing out on...long lines, popping ears, cramped seating, turbulence, delays, irritable flight attendents, cheap movies, peanuts..PEANUTS! See? Flying is waay better.
i love flying. especially turbulance. it makes me feel cool
Flying kicks ass. Especially flying at night with thunderstorms. It's truly amazing. The only thing I don't like about flying is the other people.
But I also enjoy driving as well. Thankfully, I get plenty of opportunities to fly and drive so I get the best of both worlds.
Post a Comment