Google "St. Malachy"!
The guy in 1139 gave brief description of the each of future 112. The alleged prophecies were allegedly hidden in archives Rome and discovered in 1590. So a lot of people will say they were forged in that year, but I just watched a show about the descriptions he gave of the last few popes we've had. If you find an exhaustive source on his quotes for each pope and then compare how they match each pope, it's... wow.
Now here's where it gets interesting: Pope John Paul II was the 110th pope on St. Malachy's list. The 112th is said to be the very last pope before Christ returns. "No one knows the day or the hour," but man we're getting close. Exciting times. :-)
3 comments:
http://www.catholic-pages.com/grabbag/malachy.asp
(never mind googling)
Sure, I believe those "predictions" of the future as much as I believe this little bit on Bush being the anti-christ.
http://www.bushisantichrist.com/
Both of them are just nuts.
Man, those were good times. What a freaking hailstorm. I was kinda shying away, doing the, "I only THOUGHT I knew him, it's an uncanny resemblence," thing.
Oh, and from one point, I guess the end of the world's exciting...provided you believe in a cool afterlife; since Cory's is...well, Heaven, the one where it goes on for eternity and never gets boring, no bad desire can be had, and moral life could never match it....well, I can see where he's coming from.
Well, if you don't agree with him, at least you gotta admire the optimism in the face of mortality.
Or don't.
Why did I post here?
Post a Comment