The players that made it were Colleen, Brooke, Tracy, Theresa, Nathan, Alex, Matt, and I. We borrowed Justin, a big forward from the previous game, and a player from the other team named Shannon, who wasn’t as good as her identical twin sister Alyssa.
It didn’t seem to take very long for the other team to score two goals. Matt was stopper and I was center mid. We switch so that he could be freer to run all over the place while I stay back for defense. He knew there was a lot of pressure on him, and he responded heroically. He scores before the end of a half.
Down 2-1, the general consensus was that we could easily win this game. Alex switches from forward to sweeper for the second half. My faithful toe punt doesn’t let me down- it takes the ball into the goal, just below the top bar, out of reach of the goalie (His name was Kevin. He was a really goalie but a poor lifeguard (he was fired for not paying attention to the pool).)
At 2-2, Justin’s chances finally fall his way. He might have been tired, cause he kept getting open runs but it took him a while to put it in. At 3-2, we had a lot of close calls, but Alex did a flawless job at goalie (He and Nathan switched partway through the second half).
Overall, we had the advantage of getting the ball most times it was fought over. And their defenders- you’re running with the ball, you switch directions and they fly past you. We really got a great team. The ref didn’t speak much English.
After the game, Nathan, Justin and I played in the next game on Elise’s team. Thank God I was dismissed early because it was freezing.
1 comment:
I am really proud of you guys.
Post a Comment