Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I need help

(Like you didn't know that.)

Actually, I feel almost kinda guilty for posting twice in a row, so I'll keep it short. This is vital. In college, should I keep it Ken, or switch it to Kenneth? Ken has maybe a friendlier feel, I think, but Kenneth has that masculine edge to it. Before you ask, Kenny is out of the question.

Vote? (just "Ken" or "Kenneth" will do, nw)

21 comments:

Cynda said...

Kenny!! Definately Kenny!!! oh wait....damn. Kenny Anyway!!!!

Adrianna said...

Ken. Kenneth is way too ivy league.

b said...

Ooo, tough call. I'm tempted to say try to keep Ken for guys but use Kenneth for girls, but that sort of plan didn't work for Urkel, so I'd say stick with Ken. Its less "Hey everybody, I'm a douche bag!"

Anonymous said...

Ya, Ken.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... Ken sounds better... The shorter the better.

imac said...

Definately Ken. Or Mr. Sexalot.

Shakeer said...

Ken, I have to say that I was honestly about to suggest Kenny when I started reading this post.

imac said...

How about Kenny Sexalot?

Shinekaze said...

ken... just plain and simple ken, kennith makes you sound, well flamboyant, and momma's boyish... also seems like you should have a lisp and like to organize your sock drawer... kennith just sounds dull to me...

Shakeer said...

Kennard.

Ken Colwell said...

Shakeer, Colin Franey used to call me "Kenneed, Kennard, Kennood." It made me feel small, or developmentally disabled.

It's looking like the Kens have it. (If you haven't voted yet though I'm still listening.)

Anonymous said...

Kenneth is the name of a stodgy investment banker. You have a great personality already, you don't need a new one, and I think starting out with a name like Kenneth would almost force you to assume a different personality.

Stick with Ken.

Or, of course, I'm always partial to Kenny as well, as that's how I knew you for your first twelve years or so.

love, your sister Kelly

Anonymous said...

Just stick with Ken.

Cory said...

My vote's for Ken. Then again, I think you make a good Timothy, and you know why. "Am I serious?" you ask. Well, yes, but I'm seriously lying.

Anonymous said...

Sign everything with Kenneth and use it as your formal name. Use Ken informally with friends and acquaintances. Then people will walk up to you and say, "Are you Kenneth Colwell?" and then you can say, "Yes, but my friends call me Ken."
- chris p

Anonymous said...

plus the alliteration of "Kenneth Colwell" is awesome

Misha said...

Am I the only one who likes kenneth a lot? I think it's kinda hot. Plus, the first time you have sex...well...I think OH YES KENNETh!!!! would sound much better. Kenneth demands more presence. You need a change. Kenneth is the answer.

Anonymous said...

Even if you do try changing to Kenneth, I'll undermine your efforts by telling everyone your name is Ken. Or if I feel particularly evil, Kenny. Or even Andy! Muhahaha! You can't escape my wrath!

Ken Colwell said...

Doug--I'll tell them you're "Dougie the Druggie." It's not an empty threat.

Misha--good reasoning. But usually they just say "oh god, oh god," which is more encouraging than "oh kenneth."

Chris--I like it.

Cory--Timothy was almost my name.

Cynda said...

Oh that's even MORE perfect!! Doug tells everyone you're Kenny and then you tell everyone Doug is Dougie!! Ooooh I like it! Way to use your brains boys!!

Don't you just love thunder storms!?!?

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me. Bring it on!