Hey all, I know it seems like all I ever post about is movies, but seriously...I wouldn't know what else to say. But as long as no one cares, I was talking with Ben earlier today, and invariably we ended up talking about Batman (basically 'cause we're geeks), and I asked if he'd seen the Batman Begins trailer. He hasn't. So he told me to post about it. So I am.
Hit the link above for the official site, which has the awesome teaser trailer, and a buncha photos (Batman has never looked better in live action).
If you want my opinion on it (being the comic book geek I am, I naturally have one), I can't wait. First, Chris Nolan is directing it, and did a TON of work on the script. For those who don't know, he wrote and directed "Memento," which is one of my favorite films of all time. Honestly, when they were searching for a Batman director, this guy never came to mind because I never thought in a million years we'd be this lucky. Still blows my mind. Oh, and David Goyer, who wrote all the Blade movies and has been writing comic books for years, also wrote the script
Second...the cast, which is stunning for ANY film, never mind a superhero blockbuster. I get giddy just thinking. First and foremost, Christian Bale as Batman. Now, most won't recognize his name, but if you ever get a chance, go rent "American Psycho" or "Equilibrium," and get ready to experience one of the greatest actors of our time. Or, hell, go see "The Machinist," which is playing this week only at Cinema 21, and has his best performance I've seen (I'm undecided yet about the movie as a whole...I'll be sure to post a review when I've figured it out). More than anything, though, you'll know this guy IS Batman. I can't wait to see people's reactions to seeing him for the first time.
The rest of the cast...Michael Caine as Alfred, Morgan Freeman as Bruce Wayne's business partner Lucius Fox, Ken Wantanabe (the samurai from "The Last Samurai") in a sort of villain role (it's an interesting character...still don't know how he's being used), Cillian Murphy ("28 Days Later") as The Scarecrow, Liam Neeson as one of Bruce Wayne's trainers, and Gary Oldman (another name you may not know, but the man's amazing) as Police Lt. Jim Gordon.
Seriously...this is the kind of talent the movie industry would be buzzing about no matter what the movie. Most of them have been nominated for or have one major industry awards. Every one of them are incredible. To have this kind of talent on Batman...it's a dream come true for me. So yeah...long post, I know, but I gotta spill the love for Batman Begins before every other person on Earth will be.
4 comments:
That trailer is why I love Batman. The moral tightrope he walks is the most interesting character trait of any superhero I know of. And he is completely human, richer than God, but human and his best weapon is his brain. If I was completely truthful in my college apps, I would probably say Batman was my hero. I can't wait for this movie. Thanks Scott.
If that thing in the photos is what I think it is (the Batmobile) I will soil my shorts when I see it in the theatre.
Yeah, that is indeed The Batmobile. I'm so glad they got away from the flashy car Batmobile, 'cause that thing never really made that much sense, and if Batman's anything, he's practical. There's some video around the 'net somewhere of that thing in action, which is just awesome to watch...I'll try to dig it up.
Wow, that trailer is indeed awesome. The Batman movies recently have been sucking major ass so I'm really looking forward to this.
Although I've seen pics of the new Batmobile before and I'm no fan. I agree with Scott that the shiny one is a bit much but that new one looks really lame I think.
Thanks for the link and analysis Scott.
Post a Comment