Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Choose Your Own Adventure

Hey everybody, another one of my new-fangled quasi posts that rely on you to make it interesting in the least. Recently, I have found myself wondering where all my blogger correspondents will be schooling next year. So, not to stress anybody out, but couldjall comment on where you're applying? Just a rough list, no need to defend anything. Anyway, here is a list I threw together after SNL a couple of weeks ago, except for Stanford to which I applied early for reasons unknown. So, without further ado, Ben's Ten, in approximate order of preference:
1. Stanford
2. Cornell
3. Notre Dame
4. Carnegie Mellon
5. Northwestern
6. Purdue
7. Michigan
8. Washington
9. Santa Clara
10. Oregon State

post script
Oh yeah, and if you have any recommendations for a good engineering program, I would be grateful to hear it. I can't wait to be just like Dilbert!

post post script
I will probably end up at Northwestern.

6 comments:

Scott Nye said...

It'll surprise nobody, but it's all liberal arts colleges...

1. Emerson
2. Boston University
3. NYU
4. Clark University
5. Huh...I know I've got a fifth, but I can't remember it
6. University of Oregon (a.k.a. "break glass in case of emergency" college)

Anonymous said...

Dude, I hope you don't get into Stanford. That would be so funny if you didn't.

JK, it's really because Cornell is my top choice right now. Followed by:
Boston College
Harvard
Washington University in St. Louis
Colorado School of Mimes (HA!)

and just in case I don't get into any of above: (HA!!!!!!!!)
(actually it's because I can't afford PCC)
UW Honors
U of O Honors

Adrianna said...

1. Boston College
2. Hofstra University
3. Marquette University
4. Evansville University
5. OSU Honors
6. HADES!!!

Shakeer said...

Other than the first few, my list is sort of tentative. Which is a problem. Also I won't rank them because I don't know exactly where I want to go yet. And also I know that I will get into very few. They are sort of in order.

Columbia
Chicago
Berkeley
Stanford
Georgetown
Duke
Washington
Oregon (honors)

Nancy said...

darn colleges, thinking of them makes me angry but here's my list which seems to be ever expanding... They're not in any particular order either.

Penn -defnietely my first choice
Syracuse
USC
LMU
UCLA
CalArts
UW -um apparently I'm applying to the honors college and that deadline is dec 1st which I just found out a few seconds ago...
Stanford -totally wasn't planning on applying here, nor do I really want to go here.

I think that's it..

Anonymous said...

Joe V. here, let's see...

1. University of Oregon Honors (a better math program than you might believe)
2. Purdue
3. U. of Chicago
4. Reed
5. Berkeley
6. Williams

I recently got the Purdue coursebook so it may rise or drop in the list accordingly.