Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Coming out of the Closet (no not that way!)

why run anylonger?
Why continue to fight?
Yes I will face criticism, but is it even worth it?
At least I'm not Satan.

As For a real post well here is one.

Do we have the right to Judge? I mean God is ultimate (and if you don't belive in God thats fine) but if God has ultimate say then we are inferior. Do we have the knowledge or the right to judge someone else, in their actions. Take yourself as an example. If you do something that seemed like a good thing, something fun and something that did no harm, then someone says "That's Stupid" how would you feel. You took an acton that was, in your perspective a good and then face criticism. How would that make you feel? The other does not know the entire story behind your action, so how can they judge you?

3 comments:

magda. said...

Dear Lord, Tuesday is Alex?

SHOCK.

X said...

I know I was almost as shocked as you were!

I mean what are the chances?!

John said...

If by "judge" you refer to "forming an opinion", then our very status as cognitive creatures, human beings if you will, allows us to "judge" one another and the world around us. In fact, I would argue that to refrain from forming opinions is to refrain from accepting humanity. Exercize your free will and live!

By qualifying something as "a good thing", "fun", and "harmless", you have already judged it. If you find your logic valid, who are you to judge even your own actions. If you beleive you are justified to do so because it is "your own perspective", then I am justified in calling it "stupid" and "criticizing" it because that's my perspective.

I can easily judge something as I please. So can you. Just because it has been "judged" a certain way does not mean it was judged accurately. Maybe knowing the full story would help and allow for a better judgement, maybe not. Regardless, anyone is free to criticize anything -- God bless free speech.

An interesting prompt of a post, but I think you should consider this issue a bit more. You have a good start here but you've failed to recognize that if you can form opinions on your actions or the actions of others, they can too. Gotta recognize shared humanity, me compadre.

PS. What's up with the skitzophrenia? I'm a bit creeped out that you keep refering to yourself as a persona instead of as the person you are. I might suggest a self-evalutaion of your current mental and emotional state...if this is merely a literary tool, I applaud you for the effort but will point out this is not a forum conducive to such techniques...it seems more like a contrived way of making yourself interesting than an actual tool for greater literary achievements. Just my 2 cents.