Monday, March 28, 2005

A Day That Kicked At Least Three Kinds of Ass

Today pulled me out of the mild depression I fall into when I'm not around you guys for more than a threeday weekend (you guys being the people on the contributors list, plus Sean, Chris, Alex, and my boy Chuck) for several reasons, which I will outline using Roman numerals, to spite Shakeer's use of his fancy Arabic numerals in a recent post. Man Fibonacci was a poser!

I. I was around some of you at soccer practice, which was enjoyable. Told you he was good, didn't I?

II. I bought some pretty sweet G.I. Joes at Dr. Tongues. My indecisiveness forced Scott to leave before I had actually picked anything out, but after he left I purchased some quality stuff. Plus the guy offered me a deal on this gigantic Cobra base that was, well, see for yourself: http://www.geocities.com/viggler/terrordrome_hi.jpg The picture doesn't do it justice, but yes, that is a jet coming out of the middle of it and yes, I know I'm a complete dork, so you can save your insults because they will do no damage to me, much like how the Joes' missiles will do no damge to the titanium aromor of this base. I didn't buy it. Yet.

III. I got the Northwestern Scholarship so I can almost afford to go to there, which I would love to do. If I had to choose, that'd be my first choice school, even if I get into ND and/or Cornell. So the FAFSA was good for something. I wonder how much they'd have given me if they knew I had two brothers going to private school next year?

IV. It was not yesterday, which sucked. I let my beagle Clancy outside withour checking to see if the gates were shut. It half an hour before I realized he was gone. So my family went mildily psychotic looking for him. They found him. I was in/around Laurelhurst Park, chasing down frightened-of-me joggers and bicyclists, asking if they had seen him. I got home to a house empty except for Clancy. They were out looking for me. Anyway, it was a relief to get him back after an extended period of time believing I was the reason my family, which loves this dog more than any dog should be loved, would never see him again.

post script
Puett, we can't comment on your awesome post if you don't wait the necessary time for complete loading to occur. And you spelled Quixote wrong.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot the part where I offered you 5 Neil Young LPs. My brother and I raided our father's record collection, and seeing how we aren't listening to Neil Young, thought that you might enjoy them.

b said...

Holy shit yes! As long as your former tight end dad doesn't come hunting me down, I would love those. Thanks. I knew my repetitive mentioning of one artist would pay off eventually! Take that Shakeer, what with your well-balanced diet of quality music.

And nice turnaround time. The average reader would think there was an hour gap before he commented, but it takes me so long to compose a post (the timestamp is when you start to a new post) that in reality, Puett read and responded less than five minutes after that was posted.

post script
I seem quite cross with Shakeer today, but really I look up to the chap more than Colin Creevey admires Harry Potter.

post post script
Doug is awesome.

Cynda said...

Today did kick ass!!! I was so happy to be back at school and able to see everyone; Imissed all you guys!!! You may hsve noticed my hyper mood, although that be normal by now. Right anyway today rocked and I'll have all the embarrasing pictures of you guys posted later!!!

b said...

It was actually yesterday that kicked ass. But today was pretty good too.

magda. said...

Beagles rock.

(Nice profile pic, Ben. :D)

Cynda said...

Damn. So I was a day off huh? Oh well Tuesday rocked cause I didn't see you guys Monday. Oh well.

b said...

Thanks Magda, that's my favorite G.I. Joe, Law. He is so loved that one of his thumbs is broken off due to a decade of cramming guns in it.

One of the new guys I bought might usurp him from his status as favorite. I don't want it to happen, but the new guy has a backpack that feeds 60mm rounds into two dual-barrel machine guns. And his name is Rock n' Roll.