So I am in history right now and have nothing to do and have decided to make a post.
So what to post about.....Ah I know Chicago!!!
As you all know I vistited Loyola Chicago two weeks ago. At that time I thought it was amzing. It was everything I wanted!!! Then when I thought about it and I realized that everything I loved about Loyola could be found at any other college. So, being the fickle person I am, have changed my mind yet again. This week I will be driving down to Santa Clara with my mother, which WILL be hell in case any of you htought it would be fun. Once we get there it will be all right, but up until then I have to deal with my mother smoking the whole way. EWW I hat smelling like smoke. But it's worth it becuase if I go to Santa Clara I'd be going to school Patty Cakes!!! YAY!!!
Ok as an end to my post I thought, and Ben agreed, it would be cool if everyone could comment and post where they've been accepted to college!! I know I'm brilliant.
Yes I know this is a horrible post, but unlike others I know I'd never be kicked off!!!
8 comments:
Here's my list of stuff:
Marquette, Hofstra, and OSU have all accepted me, and I'm waiting on Boston College. I've accepted Marquette, but Hofstra is now looking kind of interesting. I still highly doubt I'll go there, though. Eh, we'll see.
Pssht, Hummer limos.
What? Spell check? Now why would I do a thing like that? Doy you even know who you're talking to? Apparently not.
Oh and I forgot to put in my colleges: Marquette yes w/ some $, Loyola yes also w/$, Santa Clara yes and finally HPU yes. Choices, choices.
I'm in to UW (with $15,000 and probably a lot more for graciously listing them for nmsc); their honors college hasn't gotten back to me yet. (Don't really care. If they wouldn't let Mike in, they probably won't be amused by my essay about Kyrgyzstan.)
Also got into UVa as an Echols Scholar (some sort of honors program?) and the dean of the engineering school (uh, didn't apply there) has sent me, to date, twenty pieces of information (okay, most of them were in a single packet) and a handwritten note. It was very sweet. The lipstick smear on the back might have been overkill.
Washington in St Louis ran out of spots to wait-list Jesuit students so they had to let me in.
So, waiting anxiously for April 1, and Stanford, Yale, Columbia, Cornell, and Tufts mail. Okay, actually only waiting anxiously for April 1 and those first two. (Evidently my dad ridiculed Cornell in his book, Columbia has the highest risk of getting anthraxed, and Tufts... don't ask.)
In other news, I forgot to send my "Application Postcard" to University of Idaho, unfortunately, so I probably won't get in. But it's okay. I can be a Vandal with or without U of I.
I visited UO and OSU. OSU has the best athletic facility I've ever seen. They have great Christian Co-ops. Their strongest program is in engineering. And I liked the food. I figured I'd be in heaven there.
I also went to UW. It beats OSU at everything. But they're kinda shallow things, like prettier campus and richer facilities. I wasn't sure it be worth the thousands more to go there. I also was a bit skeptical that I'd want to go to a place where I'd be a minority. jk. half their students are white, but that was enough to get my ultra-conservative doubtful about the environment.
I ended up only applying to OSU, it's honors college, and UW. I always got accepted. I'll be at OSU honors next year.
UPenn..I got rejected from UCLA though.
Accepted:
Northwestern
Carnegie Mellon
Purdue
Santa Clara
University of Washington
Oregon State
Rejected:
Stanford
Washington University
Waiting:
Notre Dame
Cornell
BC
U of O (no news on honors as of yet)
Colorado School of Mimes
Waitlisted to Wash U, but so was Jake Hughes
After school on Thursday to hear from Cornell and Harvard. Only 4 more days.
I think I'm going to Cornell.
Post a Comment