Saturday, April 02, 2005

Game 1

We tied, 1-1. Our new star Matt gave me a good assist, but with less than five minutes left Mr. Benware's son Nathan (who plays for Lincoln) flopped and got a PK, which he promptly put away. We also lost Mike and Lauren (from St. Mary's) to injuries. So kind of a disappointing ending. I have put some pictures on the Flickr link in the sidebar, but I've already exceeded the month's limit, so I will begin abusing the system by creating Yahoo accounts until the job is done. Anyway, use the slideshow. Its almost like you were there. But you weren't, because we had no support.

post script
I apologize for my recent monopolization of the blog.

9 comments:

Cynda said...

Since you've already used up the months limit I guess I can't post any pictures then? But Ben I've already set up a yahoo acount with a bunch of pictures we could use that. Here's the link: http://photos.yahoo.com/mufasahp

John said...

Sorry for my absence...while I had intended to come to the game, I got held up with chores around the house and then the Sorenson's lady was really weird...by the time I got everything figured out, it was time to head to Ian's (and the game was practically over...). Hopefully I'll be able to attend one of the next matches.

-JB

Adrianna said...

Sorry duder my parents wouldn't let me drive to Delta Park. I would've been there, believe me. Instead I pulled more weeds for old people!

Shakeer said...

Ben, you should make your pictures much smaller before uploading to flickr. I always do.

Shinekaze said...

hey Ben. Set up an account here (or multiple). photobucket is a free web hosting service. you can link to the pics or you can enbed the pic

b said...

1. Thanks for the photo advice.

2. My apologies to John and Adrianna who took that tongue-in-cheek guilt trip seriously.

3. I would also like to note that we would have won 2-1 if the ref had not called back my pass to Alex, which he put in the net, as offsides.

Adrianna said...

WHYIOUGHTA

Just for that I'm leaving my Power Ranger outfit at home. Actually, I don't own one. So sorry.

Shinekaze said...

crap i realized that i forgot to leave the link... http://photobucket.com/

X said...

We would have won 2-0 if the ref

1) had not called Ben's pass to me off sides (which it wasn't there was one guy to my left ahead of me, Molly Connolly to my right running up to me, and one guy triping me with his feet [thats why I fell down])

2) If that prick Benware had not triped then yelled, then got a PK, (did anyone else see what he did after the call? He smiled, whooped his fist, and winked at his teammates!)

Other then those calls (and the "high kick") the ref made some fair calls, but damn we paid the price for his mistakes.

Good job team, it'll be a great season!