Friday, November 19, 2004

Hahn History paper Solidarity/Party

Hey all, been two weeks, not fully coming back, just fulfilling Shakeer's wish. If you're working on the paper, drop by and comment. And if you're talking with someone who is, tell them to do the same. And everybody, don't work too hard, its 50 points. Just relish this experience for what it is and remember, everybody was behind the "power curve"


 

Procrastinator's Creed (stolen from one of the internets)
I believe that if anything is worth doing, it would have been done already.
I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses.
I will never rush into a job without a lifetime of consideration.
I shall meet all of my deadlines directly in proportion to the amount of bodily injury I could expect to receive from missing them.
I firmly believe that tomorrow holds the possibility for new technologies, astounding discoveries, and a reprieve from my obligations.
I truly believe that all deadlines are unreasonable regardless of the amount of time given.
I shall never forget that the probability of a miracle, though infinitesimally small, is not exactly zero.
If at first I don’t succeed, there is always next year.
I shall always decide not to decide, unless of course I decide to change my mind.
 I shall always begin, start, initiate, take the first step, and/or write the first word, when I get around to it.
 I obey the law of inverse excuses which demands that the greater the task to be done, the more insignificant the work that must be done prior to beginning the greater task.
 I know that the work cycle is not plan/start/finish, but is wait/ plan/plan.
 I will never put off until tomorrow, what I can forget about forever.
 I will become a member of the ancient Order of Two-Headed Turtles (the Procrastinator’s Society) if they ever get it organized.

post script
If you're reading this at like 1:20, Pee Wee Herman is on Conan O'Brien and the Flaming Lips are on next.

7 comments:

b said...

Wayne Coyne, the lead singer of The Flaming Lips, performed inside of a bubble he could walk around in. And the other three guys were wearing hot pink furry coats. And I have made no progress.

b said...

Lunch in the library anyone?

Scott Nye said...

The guy who says not to sweat it is up at 3:00 and still has to finish it in the library?

Anyway, I wrapped it up at like 1:30 this morning. It's easily the worst paper I've ever written, and I'm almost ashamed to turn it in, but some points is better than no points.

Shakeer said...

Haha, good morning gentlemen. I finished like right before 1 last night. It wasn't as bad as I expected but it just took me a while to write it. Then it took me like a half hour to do the bibliography.

I bet if I hadn't been wasting time I could've done the entire paper in like 4 hours. Well, time to print it out. I still have math and english homework that needs doing...

Nancy said...

Ben, I can't believe you stayed up until 3 AM to work on your history paper. One of my body paragraphs ends with a quote, the entire paper is riddled with passive voice (like now), and I really don't think my case studies classify as case studies. But hey, I'm only shooting for a 42 on this paper.

I also like how Scott and Shakeer checked the blog early in the morning, that's committment right there.

Shakeer said...

I read the blogs over coffee every morning.

Ken Colwell said...

Shakeer, do you ever remind yourself of Dr Gorman?