Hey it's Adrianna. So, now I have to change my profile because I am now 17 and still a senior yay!
Talk about your crazy Tuesdays though! First getting to school at 8 to work on that stupid english project (we were fucked!), then the senior group photo, then Mr. Simmons putting a light bulb into a beaker full of water-- let's just say that hijinks ensued. Oh, and rehearsal. The show is coming together really well and it's gonna be cool to see it when it's all polished. And grease pencil fights backstage can be DANGEROUS, children.
Thanks to everybody who wished me a happy birthday today. It's the first time anyone outside of my parents has ever remembered my birthday, so it really meant a lot. Sometimes I really feel alone and not welcome, but today was definitely not one of those times. There's kind of been this warm fuzzy bubble of happy surrounding me all day from the hugs and the happiness. Thanks a lot-- words really can't express how thankful I am that you guys actually care about me. I love you so much, and I'm really looking forward to spending the rest of this year with you. AAAAAHHHH! I want to hug you all right now!
8 comments:
What the-? Well, in any case, Happy Birthday again Adrianna! Now you can...uh...go watch dirty movies...and stuff. Now onto 18, when the real party starts! Unless, y'know...you're me, apparently.
Um hi first comment person. As I always do when someone unknown comments, I will write you a poem. This one is about buckets.
I enjoy buckets
When I see a bucket
I want to say "chuck it"
And I'm spent.
Oh, and on a completely unrelated note, say you had like 200 bucks to spend on music. WHAT WOULD YOU BUY? Give me some good albums folks, my library is lacking! We have to go out sometime this weekend and help me buy music.
Wow, that first comment is so random. I looked at it and burst out laughing.
Unfortunately, I'm not as familiar with that classic stuff that Dave has listed for you so here are some that I recommend:
That new CD by Greenday
Wicked-yes the musical
the new Modest Mouse CD-some of the songs are kinda weird, but it's a good CD nonetheless (do you like how i sound like I don't know what I'm talking about?)
Um, Franz Ferdinand-because I want a copy
hey, why are you spedning $200 on CDs anyway? buy an ipod or other mp3 player and pirate all the songs you want.
PS
Squirrel
I'm not sure Shakeer read your post, but he has excellent taste in music and he put together a Best 20 of the last 20 list of CDs. My entire basis of judgment that this is applicable to you is that you both like Neutral Milk Hotel. Anyway,
http://s91285136.onlinehome.us/2004_05_01_shakeer_archive.html has the stuff.
I can't give you too much advice, especially now that I have found out that you like Blue Man Group, but I will say (because we bought the Forrest Gump soundtrack together and that pretty much makes us twins) that I like that Weld CD I bought (Neil Young and Crazy Horse if you didn't read that post) If you buy it you get a song thats chorus is "Welfare mothers make better lovers" which is pretty sweet. Oh yeah, and a kickass version of Hey Hey My My that will knock the post-election blues right out of you. "Hey hey my my//Rock n' roll will never die." If that isn't the most comforting thought in the world, I don't know what is.
I don't really buy that many full albums, but I can recommend the two I always do:
Queen - A Night at the Opera
Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
I know a thing or two about soundtracks, though...
Forrest Gump
Lost in Translation
Garden State
Punch-Drunk Love (but give it a listen first...it's not exactly for everybody)
Yeah, thanks for posting that Ben. I updated that not so long ago so there should be some newer/better stuff on there.
Also, who BUYS music? Pfft.
Oh and Ben, the more I think about it, the more relevant My My Hey Hey seems to the election. "Out of the BLUE and into the BLACk" Yeah, you know what I'm talking about.
If I had $200 to buy music, I'd fix my car. Just kidding, no seriously, I would. In addition to Scott's soundtrack list, I'd have to recommend Armageddon. Except for "Don't want to miss a thing," and the absolutely worst track to ever find it's way onto a cd: "Animal crackers" it is Bennifer playing with cookies with Liv Tyler (who was the only reason that Aerosmith agreed to do the music for Armageddon) it's stupid and pretty gay, and to make things worse, it has clips from "don't want to miss a thing" But the other 12 songs are pretty good, especially "leaving on a jet plane" oh, best soundtrack of all time, Southpark: Bigger, Longer and Uncut I'd probably say team america: world police, but scott hasn't burnt it for me yet. Other music, AC/DC live, which i think is much better than the orginial versions, metalica's black album, anything by the offspring, esp. Ixnay on the Hombre(all time greatest album), and Appetite for destruction guns n' roses (John still has to burn me a copy of this too) Of course, I doubt that you'd like any of this except for armaggedon, but oh well, heres my two cents. Kinda ironic that it was just recently that i was asking for music advice (much appreciated, btw, more is always welcome, especially now that I have the capicity once more to download music). hehe, i just noticed that right now i have 5 speakers and two subs sitting on my desk right now, and all are currently in use.
PS Happy Birthday
Post a Comment