Friday, November 19, 2004

I AM SO READY FOR CHRISTMAS

So today, I wake up, and it's cold. Again.

I go to Starbucks, my second home (behind my first home...the pool) and it is festively decorated in red and white, with snowflake cookies and peppermint hot chocolates complete with red sprinkles on top.

I turn on the radio and hear Mariah Carey singing "All I Want For Christmas Is You."

I get out of the pool tonight and think I am going to literally freeze (yes, I swim outside...no, the temperature isn't too pleasant at 7:30 at night, especially when soaking wet and barefoot).

I saw Christmas lights on a couple houses on the way home.

All the signs are pointing toward Christmas coming up, and it's NOT EVEN THANKSGIVING YET!

All of this has generated one thing: I want Christmas.

Now.

~ KT BZ

11 comments:

Scott Nye said...

Oh, man...there things in life I am just in love with. Christmas is one of them. It's not even the gifts (though those are neat)...it's that same old cheesy thing you hear about over and over again: The festiveness and good nature everyone has around that time. There's just something happy about it.

Cynda said...

OMG KT I know what you mean!! I love Christmas!!!! Everything about it. The smell of evergreen mixed with the harsh cold outside. Walking into my house and smelling pumpkin mixed with peppermint and sitting in front of my fire listening to christmas music!!! I'm sooo going to miss that this year. I love christmas!!! Ever since we heard "All I want For Christmas is You" I haven't been able to stop listening to Christmas music. I'm in the mood, I'm ready and now everyone else needs to be. Did I mention I love Christmas??!!

Shakeer said...

I can't get over how awesome the Peppermint Mocha is at Starbucks.

Adrianna said...

Yeah my family really doesn't "do" Christmas, we're more Thanksgiving people. So we put up our fake tree and lights and eat ham hooray! I can't wait for ham. It's good tastin' stuff. Oh, and Thanksgiving. Mmm. Pumpkin pie. I make a bitchin' pumpkin pie.

John said...

OMG! CHRISTMAS!
103.3 and 106.7 are playing Christmas and music! "All I Want for Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey is omg amazing. Listen to it.
Now.
As much as I love Christmas, people shouldn't be allowed to put up lights until after Thanksgiving unless the lights are Thankgiving-ish. I can't wait for Thanksgiving!
mmm...gravy...
mmm...sweet potatoes...
mmm...pumpkin pie...
mmm...cool whip...
!!!SPARKLIING CIDER!!!
We should all get together and have a potluck like the ones at school!
-Karolyn (I don't know why I always do that...haha, it would be pretty funny/freaky if John talked like this...)

Cynda said...

oh yes kt is obsessed with pepermint anything and I would just like to say she has now gotten me obsessed...although it's a good thing really.

Anyway, yeah Karolyn you found 'em ... I've been listening to christmas music non-stop on the radio and they play "All I want For Christmas is you" non-stop as well!!! Yes!!! I couldn't be happier. Christmas rocks....I think I mention that a couple times before as well. :)

Miguel said...

Hey, as a fellow Peppermint nut, I should probably check some of this stuff out...

It's amazing living at my house, because for some reason spearmint thrives in the warmer two seasons of the year...so when the cold, festive thrill is gone, I still have a minty smell in my yard.

Anyway...Christmas...good times. I concur with Scott; there's a definite festivity in the air that's absolutely wonderful. It's just...happier, usually.

And you know what a good Christmas movie is? "Love, Actually"...(don't know if the comma's in there or not).
Yes.

Okay, I'm done.

Nancy said...

Katie, I am so coming to your "We Wish It Was Christmas So We're Pretending It Is" party.

Shakeer said...

Yeah, I think I've had like five peppermint mochas in the past week. I had two today. I'm addicted.

Hey Katie is that place you're talking about easy to get to like say during break? Me and some people used to go to 7-11 for coffee on days we needed a little pick-me-up. We've only ventured as far as Starbucks once and that's because we had one of those long post-Mass breaks. Is it possible to walk or drive to that place (Mocha Roma, right?) during break?

Ken Colwell said...

My house. (But that exempts me from planning, right?)

And yeah, Shakeer, it would take you literally fifteen seconds to walk from seven eleven to Mocha Roma.

Cynda said...

makes sense to me katie...if only all maps were that easy to read!! You should tottaly revolutionize the mapmaking industry so normal people could find things oh and that way men wouldn't get lost and have to pretend they weren't and refuse to get directions...you would be helping men everywhere save face!! I think theres potential, anyway, my point is KT you rock!!