Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Oh, HECK YES!

About that title...yeah, that's the reaction I expect from each and every one of you once you realize that this is my (Katie BZ's) first post EVER!

I don't really have a blog-worthy story, but when Benji gave me the password so that I could post, well let's just say that I couldn't resist.

But a few points:
1) I am crazy excited for the Death Cab concert tomorrow night. I have a confession to make, however: this will be my first concert, ever. Lame, maybe...but to make this post more interesting for the guys, let's call it saving myself for the right one. That's right...the concert virgin is about to be deflowered by Death Cab for A Cutie. And I couldn't be more excited. Alright, now guys, minds out of the gutter for the next one, cuz this is more serious-ish.

2) I was just thinking about this, and figured, heck, why not write it...I just called myself the concert virgin, so I don't feel like there are really any barriers between us anymore. A lot of you, okay, most of you, I have not known very long...anywhere from since Junior year to since the beginning of Senior year, so some of you only a couple of months-ish. So, I wanted to say, that I have never ever found a more fun group of people...I have never laughed so consistently around a group of people in my entire life, nor had the most engaging (and often intelligent...okay, sometimes intelligent) conversations in my entire life. Who else would share their blog with me but you guys? I mean, just ask Misha, it's a roll of the dice...God only knows what I'll say at any given time, so it's pretty exciting that my random ideas can be published. So thanks, guys, cuz you pretty much kick ass.

So, I promise, I will have more blog-worthy stories at a later date, but for my first post, I figure that wasn't half bad.

~Katie BZ

p.s. Should I bother writing my last name?? Is another Katie going to post ever? Of course, a lot of people just call me "KatieBZ" anyway since there are approximately 9 million Katie's at our school, so...whatever. If you have an opinion on it, lemme know.
p.s.s. I'm not spell checking/editing this cuz I don't have time so...you're bright kids, you can figure out what I'm trying to say.

11 comments:

Shakeer said...

Death Cab for Cutie is pretty sweet live. It'll make for a good first concert. Have a good time, you and also whoever all else is going to it. I wanted to go but I can't.

Adrianna said...

Ah, I've never been to a concert myself, so you have to come back and tell me about the... uh... deflowering. Dude if the Crows ever come to town I'm THERE! But until then I will whine about having never been to a concert.

And it's awesome to know you Katie! Thank God for OWE or we might have never met and... um... been insane together?

Miguel said...

Thanks for clarifying "Mostly intelligent" conversations...because otherwise I'd wonder if you really paid attention to our conversations...

Nancy said...

Hey, this will be my first concert too! I'm glad that I'm not the only recluse in our group. If you haven't gotten tired of being called by your last name, you could be cool and sign your posts "BZ" and shame everyone else because we can't sign our names like you can.

But, Katie sounds fine too.

b said...

Oh, Heck Yes! Mike commented! With a very good point! I was going to ask just who exactly you were talking to, obviously not me, but Mike put it much better than I could.

Oh yeah, and your post. Good job. Sorry that name kind of makes you seem like a second class blogger, I hereby declare that I value Katie Bieze as a blogger at least as much as Cory, Jeff, and Alex. Put together. But as you stated in your post, I've known you for all of three weeks, whereas those three have been irritating me, each in their own unique way, since Fall 2001.

Misha said...

KTBZ, I am honored to be mentioned by name in this, your first post.
Now I will let you all in on a nasty secret of mine. **Deep Breath** Here goes...My first concert, my whole deflowering process, was (God knows, not by MY choice)...Ricky Martin!
AAAHHH! I know, i will get ridiculed to no end, if not by everyone, at least by Pat (who, consiquently, doesn't actually have to ever say anything to me. I just look at him and his eyes and smug smirk let me know I am being ridiculed.)
I will say that it was a terrible experience and if I could take it all back, I would. It really wasn't my choice, and I conviently got "lost" on the way to the bathroom, so as to spend as little time as possible in the room nearest to RM.
Give me a break...it was seventh grade.
ps, to anyone who doesn't know. KTBZ and I are related. We are in fact sisters. And mom loves me more.

Nancy said...

I'd just like to point out that you spelled 'consiquently' incorrectly. It should be spelled 'consequently'.

HAHA you went to a Ricky Martin concert. I wonder what happened to that guy?

Scott Nye said...

Hey Katie! Welcome aboard! Thanks a lot for your thoughts on our rag-tag group of folk, and let me just say that it is equally fun hanging out with you, and that it's really cool to have you on the Blog. Someday, I will show up at your house asking for food...it's only a matter of time.

And since this has also turned into concert-talk...I haven't been to nearly as many concerts as I would like. My first ever was a Kingsmen (the guys who did Louie Louie) and Paul Revere and the Raiders team-up tour (or whatever you call 'em), but I've only REALLY loved like three concerts: Weird Al Yankovich, Counting Crows (which is easily the best I've been to, and I didn't even know 'em that well at the time), and Steve Miller Band.

'Course, as great as the Counting Crows were, they were booked with John Mayer, which was the WORST concert I've ever been to. Odd how that happens.

But yeah...if the Crows ever come back to town, or are in whatever town you're in for college, GO SEE THEM. It's pretty different from most concerts you'll go to, but oh man...does it rule.

Misha said...

fuck you nancy
chinese bastard

Nancy said...

I love you misha :)

Shakeer said...

Pat: Ricky Martin probably gets more chicks in a week than any of us will get in our entire lives.

Scott: You saw The Kingsmen live? Awesome! And I don't know much about Paul Revere and the Raiders except that they were those great costumes and that's pretty cool if you ask me.