Sunday, November 07, 2004

Okay, I agree. The Incredibles was possibly one of the best movies I've seen in theaters all year long. It had everything, action, comedy, a message, all of it. I loved it. However, because I am such a geek, I will not stand for one of the best parts of the experience to go unmentioned. That’s right, Star wars episode 3: Revenge of The Sith trailer. I was going nuts. Darth Vader’s appearance brings about much applause as to Hayed Christensen horrible acting in hiss role for Anakin in "Attack of the Clones". Also, the brief fly by of a supposed x-wing (which I saw and looked awesome) was the source of an incredible amount of applause from the star wars community because the ships in the past 2 movies have... SUCKED, lacking any originality and ingenuity that came from the origin 3 films. Furthermore, we all want to see Darth Vader kick so major Jedi @$$, and were tired of everyone pus.sy footing around. Also, the large space battles of Courscant (only theories right now) are also long awaited since the last decent space battle in a movie was, in my opinion, back with "Return of the Jedi". Since then no movie has tried to deeply capture the essence of huge space battles. In addition to all of this madness, we finally get to see some wookies create some . No more furball like Ewoks and pansy Gungans, but some powerful, carnivorous wookies. BOO YA! I think I speak for a majority of the star wars community in saying that wookies have been a long awaited addition to the star wars movies as to their previous exclusion from the rest of the movies (Chewbacca does not count). The only bad part of the movie is its scheduled release date of May 19th 2005. However, this is also good because it shows the obvious amount of work that has gone into this movie (the last one came out my freshman year, not sure when). George Lucas must have something going on because details have remained tightly under control and not even high ranking members of the Official Star wars fan club: hyperspace (no I am not a member, its to expensive) know what is going on. The one thing though that we (star wars fans) are rooting for is a fly by of the Millennium Falcon, a ship that has been deeply missed by fans. The movie has an incredible amount of potential and should be looked forward to as possibly one of the best (but also possibly one of the worst, I hope George Lucas didn't screw up again) movies in 2005.
That my two cents, I apologize for being a geek, but I'm such a Star Wars fan that I couldn't remain silent. thank you.~Jeff

post script
for a few of you out there who are anxiously waiting for the release of HALO 2 on November 9th (Tuesday), I you because I cannot play it until I get back from the encounter (WHICH WILL ROCK) because if I do I will never get anything done.


3 comments:

Shakeer said...

I found a link on google!

http://www.worldofepic.net/ep3.mov

Holy shit it is awesome.

b said...

Way to salvage the post with that great link Shakeer. Its looks so good. The trailers for the other two movies looked great too, though. But that has me really excited anyway.

post script
Just teasing Jeff, good job bringing that to our collective attention. But proofreading, dude. Proofreading.

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Scott. Frickin' thing isn't letting me log in.

Star Wars...yeah, I'm a fan. I so rarely geek out about Star Wars, but now's okay I suppose. Y'know what I said after seeing this trailer? I turned to Michael Fullman and said, "Damn you, George Lucas." Why? Because it looks good. I mean...there were plenty of bad parts to it (Yoda's done the lightsaber thing...not worth it again). But there's plenty of good...Darth Vader is one of the most underrecognized villains in cinema, and if Lucas does his job and REALLY shows us how screwed up you gotta be to become Darth Vader, we'll have a really good movie.

Half the reason this trailer works? They show us stuff from Episode IV, all the "he was an pupil of mine before he turned to the dahk side" (and Alex Guinness doesn't say "dark"...he says "dahk") and what-have-you, and I seriously believe that's probably 75% of the reason the trailer seems so well done.

So yeah...it could be the same thing Episodes I and II were: Pieces of crap that looked good in advance. That said, though, Episode II was so much better than Episode I, it's possible Episode III could get it right. It does have Natalie Portman. But I wouldn't count on it. After all...it's ancronym in ROTS.

One subplot I'd love to see onscreen someday is the formation of the Rebel alliance. How many times did THOSE GUYS get their asses handed to 'em before getting it right?