Tuesday, September 13, 2005

A friendly warning - perhaps a bit too girly and mushy

Ok so here's the deal.

Please don't think I am trying to be elitist, arrogant, or even hypocritical I just want you to know.

Alcohol.
It's what everyone is talking about. It's what has been dominating many conversations and it's what has been causing long nights and people beating them selves up.

My take.
I of course would prefer that none of the people I love drink. I have witnessed first hand in the worst way possible what happens when people drink and even though I was sober it didn't matter. So take heed. Be responsible guys; be smart, and if you are going to drink please just don't go crazy.

I love all of you so much and I can't imagine what I would do if something happened to you. There are creeps out there and they will take advantage of you if they think they can and being drunk gives them ample opportunity, yes even if you live in podunk Ithaca!

If you ask me we have all gone through enough shit over the past few years, some more than other and I'll admit a lot caused by yours truly so I guess what I'm trying to say is we don't need to go through something like that again or anything like that again. I am a worrier (I believe it's in my blood) and believe it or not I worry constantly about you guys and so I have to say this because if I didn't and something happened to one of you I would never forgive myself.

Ben put out a warning, John's post turned into the alcohol post, but here's my post. Me pleading that you all keep yourself safe and make smart decisions and if that includes alcohol I know I can't stop you but just be wise and just know what you're doing and if at all possible please take someone who will stay sober and watch over you. Someone you trust not just anyone.

I just don't want to see any of you hurt.

Because I love you all so very much and many of you if not all of you are the reason I am still alive. No joke.

Be careful. I love you.

4 comments:

magda. said...

Oh Cynda... I love you.

And your motherliness.

Cory said...

*Thumbs Up* :-)

Adrianna said...

Yeah. Seriously, Marquette kids: call me if you're planning on doing anything like that. I'll make sure that you get home safe. Seriously, otherwise I'd be in the dorm studying Chem with Kate and Jen across the hall. God bless 'em but I like watching drunk people more than chemistry.

Ken Colwell said...

What Katie said.

(I love you Dave.)