Cobeen hall, also known as Hobeen, is Marquette's all-female dorm. I live there in a quad. Wild times.
Some unique things about living in an all-girls' dorm:
-SO MUCH ESTROGEN. Seriously, I think the air is thicker up here from all of it floating around.
-The stars are aligning and soon all of our periods will synch up. We will become a festering den of PMS the likes of which the world has never seen. Watch out!
-If you can't find someone, look in the second floor lounge, especially if it's prime time or late night. There's most likely a Sex and the City and/or Laguna Beach tv-fest going on in there. Probably just Laguna Beach now because we have apparently run out of episodes of Sex and the City to watch. Smallville and Seventh Heaven are also up there on the list. In fact, pretty much all of the WB.
-Someone on my floor has a Sex and the City cell phone ring. Just throwing that one out there.
-If you want a salad at dinner and you're eating at Cobeen, come early and prepare to wait in line a looong time. All 200-odd of us want one. We also have really good fruit here.
-Prepare to do the same if there is Waffle Night.
-Whenever there is a man on the floor, you know he is taken. Sad.
-Regardless of the above fact, whenever a deep man voice rumbles down the hallway, people poke their heads out of their doors to see what's going on. ("MAN??? WHERE???"). Things get awkward when passing a guy in the stairwells or standing in the elevator with a guy and the girl bringing him up to show him the meaning of the word Hobeen.
-People do not wear bras a whole lot. Sometimes they even forget to wear them to class. 4/10 kids eating breakfast in Cobeen probably aren't wearing a bra at the time. Oh man we are so crazy.
-It's actually not that hard to get into a shower or bathroom. People get up at random times, so if you're on top of things you'll probably have no problem staying clean. Those last two sentences did not sound kinky. No, not in the least.
-We got hooked up with the guys' dorm. If you're from the all girls' dorm and they're from the all guys' dorm, there is an instant connection. ("I do not regularly have access to members of the opposite sex!" "Nor do I!" "Would you like to come to my dorm room and speak in a deep manly voice so that people poke their heads out of their doors?" "Verily as the sun doth shine!")
Yeah so that's that. Um later. I have to go and figure out how to write a lab report because I am looost.
2 comments:
I wore a bra one of the nights of disorientation. It felt kind of good actually. My giant pecs get sore just hanging out there. Can't a dude get some support without ridicule? Where is Kramer and his Bro? Giant muscle-bound men such as myself are people too!
To clarify, everyone was wearing one article of female unmentionables and I figured since I already refused the beer, I could at least play along. We were once again in just our boxers. I think we might have some queer upperclassmen. And they're trying to turn the rest of us.
Post a Comment