Weelllll figured ya'll should hear how things are on the other side of the country (which I guess Mike's post would count for, so...how things are in another part of the other side of the country...yeaaaaahhhhh).
It's really cool. Boston is a great town. I'm up here posting and I know there are like fifty things I could go and do right now, many at no cost.
My dorm's pretty sweet. The building kicks ass, it's got a lotta character. We have two shared bathrooms on the floor, both of which are their own contained space with a toiler, sink, and shower, but only one of them locks and both are kinda dirty. We have mice, too, apparently, though no one has yet seen them, only their traces. I sleep next to a boarded-up fireplace. We have old, creaky spiral stairs (I love spiral stairs...always have). There's a kitchen upstairs. There's street racing at three in the morning.
And I hang out with the people here all the time (we totally got ambushed by a gang of cops on bicycles when we were eating pizza after dark in the Boston Commons...they were cool with it on account of no booze/we just moved here and don't know any damn better). My roommates are cool, even if they stay out 'til 3 which means I don't sleep 'til 3 and last night one of them never came back, but that's another matter that'll probably take care of itself once we actually...have school.
But getting, at most, five hours of sleep every night has not proved very beneficial.
Alcohol and pot are EVERYWHERE. At least it seems that way. I'm keeping clean, partially out of my own way of life and partially because someone's gotta navigate a forty-minute walk home from some dude's apartment.
Orientation has been kicking ass. Last night the guy who was the basis for "Hitch" came in to talk love with us. Greatly insightful (first dating advice thing I've seen where the guy wasn't just trying to pimp himself and his swag the entire time) and damn, damn funny.
This morning the film department talked to all us film folks. Yeah...I'm gonna be digging this.
Oh, and the food isn't out-of-this-world, but it's more than decent and the cooks are cool folk.
I miss the hell outta all of you. Write, call, IM, or e-mail (though it hasn't been working for me and I'm in the process of setting up a new one) anytime. Especially write. Even if I can't open my mailbox right now, I will be able to.
P.S. Outdated safety videos kick ass. "ATM machines are probably the greatest invention ever to exist."
2 comments:
That is a pretty indie dorm building. Sounds like many cool and scary happenings could occur. If I were you, I'd spend my freetime trying to find ghosts or pulling up floorboards or something. I've always wanted to live in a really old building.
Dude, same here. Lame thing is they're tearing it down next year, so it's onto our freshly-built dorms, which will rock in that I can have...a microwave, but I'll sacrifice a microwave for this old house.
P.S. My word verification was almost a real word: "acecjgj" starts with "ace."
Post a Comment