Saturday, September 10, 2005

One Fine Day

Rise up this morning, smile with the rising sun, three little birds perch by my doorstep sang sweet songs of melodies pure and true, singing this is my message to you... "Don't you worry about a thing, every little thing is going to be alright."

Well, actually I was woken up by the chimes of the clock tower, but Bob Marley kicks ass. Anyway, I finished up my homework, had some amazing tea, was late to physics, but nobody cares, because, hell its college! Had a really good tennis class, talked to a really hot German chick on the way to Shakespeare, that was boring, but afterwards, had amazing Beef Souvlaki (sp.) at one of our amazing dining halls, helped a girl with her homework, which was on mods in a 100-level math class, which was really easy. Anyway, I didn't feel like going home for an hour before lifting weights with said chick, so I just sat in on previously mentioned math class. I loved it. It felt like High school, where I was the best one in the class... Anyway, the teacher asked who had solved this homework problem that I helped Meg with, and I was the only one in the class who knew the answer. So I went to the front and presented. At that moment, I felt how it was like to be Dr. G: teaching young kids really easy math. I totally see why Dr. G is teaching at Jesuit, rather than a university like he could. It was nice, and slightly fulfilling in a way that I don't see college-level math being. It was really relaxing, which I now miss in math, considering now I'm humming through equations and theorems like they were nothing. After that, lifting weights felt nice after not doing it for a while... Met James Connelly and Joe Walsh at a X-country meet (they didn't run, they are doing fall track, or something, I don't know). Then I had Rocky rehearsal, where we were taught how to sing. After situps and singing, I can no longer move my diaphragm, it kinda sucks. Then we went to collegetown for dessert at this Japanese place, which was pretty cool. Then we went back to the castle (Risley Hall looks like a castle, it is also the hall with the Harry Potter Dining Hall), the director of the show pole danced for us. Hot. She's a sophomore, btw, so its not like she's old or anything... Then we kinda sparred and screwed around for a while, and I found out how to download unlimited amounts of free music, and video on the on-campus p2p network. So all in all, a pretty sweet-ass day... Except that JESUIT LOST TO SOUTHRIDGE!!!! WTF!?!?! Oh well... college is pretty sweet.

5 comments:

b said...

Wait, this was yesterday (Friday,) right?

And did you lift weights with that girl? I am confused.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, this was all yesterday. And yes, I lifted weights with Meg, because someone <"KEN"> is too effeminite to lift weights himself, instead, he went home and napped. And apparently Massey has rubbed off too much on me... I told Meg to go down to parallel on her squats, and her butt hurt all that day, and apparently she was a funny sight getting out of bed this morning.

Ken Colwell said...

Direct quote from Doug: "No, I just want to lift weights with Ken so I can laugh at him." Enticing. I'm going alone. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Ken, you know i don't mean it...

Cynda said...

except for the fact that you totally do!