I visited Jesuit today. Toffles told me there are security cameras. I didn't see any, but then again, I forgot to look. Seniors lost there off campus privileges. :-D
Dr. Gorman's first period AP Physics 2 has eight hard working guys, plus one hard working girl, Cait. I was impressed.
I follow a few friends into Miss Mahoney's Biology class. People were complaining about not being able to access the assigned reading article online. I confess to her that I did not read the article. She says that's okay. She puts us into reading groups, and while I'm writing a note on a senior picture (I scanned mine and printed out copies; they turned out pretty well) for Ahna Siegfried, she lectures me on not paying attention. I tell her to not worry, saying I'm walking out of the class in a few minutes anyway. My fun ended when Ahna explains my status and Miss Mahoney angrily kicks me out.
I see Philip, one of my old running partners sitting quietly and reading in history class in the corner closest to the door and I peak in and shake his hand. Mr. Nelson asks me what I'm doing. "Just saying hi." "You just barge in uninvited?" "Since I graduated, I have been doing that, yes." As I walk out I hear him ask who that was. I was surprised to hear a lot of the class respond "Cory Donahue." I'm glad they got a kick out of it.
Here's the highlight:
I open the door to Higgins rooms and sit down in one of the desks that has a book opened on it and begin quietly reading, fitting in with the rest of the class, except that I'm one of the few not laughing. I wait a few minutes, and though Mr. Higgins looks right at me, he does not notice anything is up. When I ask him if I can borrow a pencil, he notices me. He asks me for sources on literal interpretations of Genesis. I'm going to enjoy being his supplier.
Today was the day of the book groups. Finding people who actually did the reading was difficult. Not in the group I attended though: Harry Potter, led by Dr. G, Anarghya, and Ensaaf. I hear from Sra. Circosta that in Ensaaf's first all-school assembly as President, he gives away the ending to the book.
Michael Bauer's finally a bachelor, but I'll be living a couple hours away. Oh cruel fate. Ironically enough, I read a book called I Kissed Dating Goodbye and it made a lot of sense.
I can still open my locker. #441 doesn't need the lock taken off.
The Risk boards are still there. I'll remove them, with Ken's permission. Perhaps I'll take one and leave the other one there forever. Then I'll host a Risk game for all those Left Behind. Perhaps on Saturday.
I had my last day of work today. I will have my wisdom teeth removed in eight hours. On Tuesday I start two weeks of Habitat for Humanity service, then I move into Corvallis.
I'll post again to fill everyone in on OSU when I can.
8 comments:
mr. higgins, oh mr. higgins!
what a dude.
What are you talking about, we didn't have off campus privileges on September 1 either...
Yeah we did, just not the ability to drive off-campus. We could walk, though.
We actually do have off-campus privileges, just not driving. Rumor on the (metaphorical) street is that we won't get driving privileges at all; however, being the inexperienced senior that I am, I have a hard time imagining how it would fit in 30 minutes.
-- cfallin
Oh, and the security cameras are (supposedly) in the parking lots, to investigate any thefts that might occur. According to Mrs. Satterberg there are 5 of them.
-- cfallin
It's 35 minutes, Chris, and it's plenty of time. Thanks for reading by the way. Keep Gorman on his toes for me.
Will do. Gorman will be kept on his toes as much as possible; however, failing that, I do hope that at least keeping his heels off the ground will suffice.
-- cfallin
That was funny, Chris. It would be hilarious to have Gorman dangling from the ceiling.
Post a Comment