Monday, September 12, 2005

Notre Dame, aka My Life as a Stanford Pirate

First, allow me to explain that Stanford is my hall (or dorm, to those of you uncivilized enough to not have a hall...and NOT a house, only the men of questionable orientation at Zahm have a house). Normally, we are refered to in Stanford as "The Gentlemen" "The Syndidcate" or "Those Loud Idiots Who Just Got Fined". During our "Dis-O", where the sophmores attempted to get as many freshman plastered as possible, a group of guys were loud enough they were heard yelling "We have 40's!" inside the dining hall a quarter-mile away. And our walls are made of cinderblocks. They set a record by being fined 1,200 dollars (after talking it down from almost 2,000) for possesion of oversized containers of alcohol, namedly, 40's. In case further clarification is needed, I did not partake in this madness...amazingly, I appear to be one of the few dry souls among our highschool group. C'est la Vie.

But on to the larger reason for posting...this past Friday night, the men of Stanford transformed the Cinderblock Palace of Love (as the girls of ND/SMC/HTC refer to it) into a Roving Pirate Ship Questing Booty. We hoisted high a mainmast in the center of the famous North Quad and erected a massive tent, overflowing with tasty morsels and pizza. A resident DJ spun iPods while yours truly demonstrated his talents as a moshing pirate and amature photographer. The above link should lead you to a lovely album repleat with pirates and their wenches, and the occasional landlubber sucked into the plundering melee.

I will again post this weekend to sumerize the madness that is a ND home football game. Apparently, the school will shut down at 2 Friday and decend into a football fevor, not to awaken to acadamia until sometime late on sunday.

-JB

PS: Pardon the utter lack of grammer, spelling, or good humor...I've been doing engineering work for the last 4 hours and have a ways to go yet. Ben/Shakeer, feel free to edit this for content, correctness, or your own amusement.

8 comments:

Miguel said...

word.

useless comment, i know. too bad.

Cory said...

that was a great slide show.

imac said...

I'm with you on the dryness, JB.

Scott Nye said...

I'm actually staying dry too, at least for now, as I completely abhor the taste of alcohol (especially beer), and refuse to eat anything that doesn't taste good, regardless of its effects. This is a principle dating back to refusing to eat vegetables as a child.

Scott Nye said...

That should've read "eat or drink."

imac said...

I just don't feel like getting completely shitfaced. I'm enough of an idiot without alcohol.

X said...

im staying dry as well, despite what my last post may have been in refrence to.

drugs: offered but refused
alcohol: offered but refused
sex: offered but refused...wait?

Adrianna said...

I don't do it for a variety of reasons. Pretty much what it comes down to is I just don't want to. I might try it sometime in the future, but right now it's not for me. Do whatever you want, I don't care as long as you're not being incredibly stupid with it.