Friday, September 16, 2005

Random Stuff to Test a Theory....

So tonight my campus is pretty empty due to the wild winds, cold tempature and drenching type rain. I was walking around cause I miss the rain and I found a bunny under a tree.




They are everywhere here. Anyway I had some salad left over from dinner and pulled it out and fed some to the rabbit. I had to get back to the dorm so I started to walk away and said rabbit followed. It followed me all the way to my dorm. It looked really sad and I couldn't just let it sit out there all alone in the cold. So I decided to stay outside with this bunny for like an hour just playing with it and thinking. Finally I saw this other bunny come hopping buy and my bunny left to join him. Glad to see my bunny off safely I went inside.

I decided that that is my favorite part of campus: the wild life and more specifically the bunnies.
I suppose this post didn't really have much of a point. Is it weird that I felt more at home and comfortable outside in the dark cold with a bunny than I do hanging out im my dorm room?

Whatever at least I'm making friends, even if they don't really talk back!

Oh and my roomate got super excited when she saw the Harry Potter trailer so I will have people to see it with, one of my roomates is probably transfering to another school in a week and my last roomate loves "Only Hope" by Mandy Moore!!

P.S. I hope Ben comes back soon...

P.P.S. My roomate is playing the Love Actually soundtrack and more specifically Joni Mitchell.
Tis making me sad and nostaligic. Can I get an Amen for encounter memories MWE girls!?!?!

P.P.P.S. OWE girls too I shouldn't discriminate after all we're talking bout love here!

P.P.P.P.S. sorry last one. I guess you Encounter boys and co-ed encounter people can join in on the amens too!!

"LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE" aka "All you need is love" ~ I swear it's playing as I type! Got to love Love Actually

Ok promise going now....

gone.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww... bunny....

b said...

What theory were you testing?

post script
I have only found one bunny so far. I tried to catch him so I could keep him in my room as a pet. I figure "Would you like to see my bunny?" is a pretty good pickup line. But alas, I do not carry salad around with me and thus was unable to capture him.

Cynda said...

Ah well if I had done my research properly as Magda did I would have realized that due to the timiming my theory would have failed at the moment even if it would not have failed a different time.

So in short I believe I doomed it to fail from the beginging and am therefore rather disinclined to tell you what it was. But hey just realize you got a cute bunny out of the whole thing!! ;)

And yay!! BEN YOU'RE BACK!!!

Ken Colwell said...

Dude, I know it's cliche, but carrots. Seriously, they work. A whole bunch of wild bunnies appeared around our beach house the last time I was there and I spent the whole week trying to tame them. If you want to figure it out yourself, read no further!

Step 1. Get a bag of baby carrots. Wash your hands. Rub carrot juice into them. (optional)

Step 2. Spot bunny. More bunnies in one place == better chance of taming one. I prefer the gray ones but hey, find your style and stick with it.

Step 3. Once you've gotten less than 15 feet away, approach bunnies VERY SLOWLY. As slow as that guy in The Tell-tale Heart. Don't think that just because the bunnies aren't looking they won't notice if you advance quickly! This is no Red Light/Green Light.

Step 4. Once you're about five feet away, throw the carrot at the bunny. And I do mean AT the bunny. If you don't hit them they won't notice you threw it. (At the same time, if you knock the bunny out, it takes some of the fun out of taming it.) The bunny will look around, curious. When it notices the carrot, it should hop up, sniff it, and begin eating. If it doesn't, hit it with another one. You have a whole bag and who's counting?

Step 5. When the bunny is chewing on the carrot, continue your approach. Stealth is less important now but don't make any sudden moves. Naturally, you'll end up in a crouch. Once you're in touching distance, stop walking. Reach--NO! Reeeeeeach... reeeeeeeach...

Step 6. *there*. Oddly, the bunny won't notice that you're touching it. Time for gentle strokes. Mmmm, gentle--gentle--gentle....

Step 7. (GUYS ONLY) If any girls are nearby, be sure to be baby-talking the bunny softly and slowly. Glance up and smile at girl. Explain that you've been trying to tame it for a long time and you finally made it. Ask if she wants to pet it but DO NOT pick up the bunny, as it *will* notice that and run away, quickly. Girl will just have to crouch down right next to you.

I'm seriously going to buy a bunny as soon as I live somewhere I'm allowed to keep it. Name suggestions welcome.

Cynda said...

Um all I did was walk up to the bunny (about a foot away) hold up a piece of lettuce and we were instantly friends.

Maybe it's harder for guys cause they smell....

Just a thought.

Ken Colwell said...

Well someone like me had already tamed it then.

Cynda said...

In words of magda "uh huh sure..."