Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Thanksgiving

Yes, I know it's September still (barely...almost October which is almost Halloween) but I wanted to just throw this out there so that people know.

This applies to anyone at Marquette or going to Marquette for Thanksgiving:



I will not make it to Wisconsin for Thanksgiving.



I'm going to Virginia with my roommate, Emily, to spend Thanksgiving with her family...it's closer, and I can continue training over the break.


But man, what I wouldn't give to be with you...think of me while you're eating God-knows-what (a delicious God-knows-what, I'm sure).

Trust me, it makes my heart hurt to think that I won't see a lot of you guys until Christmas...Christmas, that's not until December...wow, that's a long time.


Everybody feel free to post your Thanksgiving plans (or lack thereof), whether you're going home or not, etc...that way, people going home can hang out, and people who aren't can... have solidarity.

"Thanksgiving was never meant to be shut up in a single day." Robert Caspar Lintner
(what do you think, guys, have another thanksgiving on some random day when everybody's home? i think it could be a great time. of course, at this point, sitting in the same room with you guys would qualify as a great time for me...i'm easy to please.)

8 comments:

KtHumm said...

i miss you ktbz.
love.kthm.

Miguel said...

I've been a lousy communicator, but I miss everybody a lot.

Nancy said...

So are the east costers still planning on going to New York? Because if not, I might be coming home.

Adrianna said...

You'll be missed here Katie. I was looking forward to blowing up a turkey with you. We'll have to do that 'round Christmastime then.

Hanging out here regardless of what happens, unless one of my roommates kidnaps me and hauls me back to Appleton or Kickapoo or wherever it is she lives.

Hee hee kickapoo. I miss you guys so much it's not even funny.

Scott Nye said...

I'll be in Milwaukie (if that thing falls through there'll be hell to pay...I have a plane ticket). Definitely be missing you, Katie.

Aw, heck, I miss everyone.

imac said...

I'm also in portland for Thanksgiving. Alright, five days with Pat!

magda. said...

Does anyone want to blow a few hundred bucks and come keep me company in Hawaii?

Anyone?

Cory said...

Hawaii sounds great! If only I could...