Sunday, October 24, 2004

All Aboard the Gravy Train!

Yes, the Gravy Rangers have a bona fide win streak. Yesterday we won 3-0 in a cold, wet, muddy, and very satisfying game. MVP has to go to Pat with a goal and two assists, but everyone played really well and beat a team that was very capable of beating us. Schultz played great in goal and the intense wind saved us a couple times. Ken put in our first goal with a World Cup quality shot and we avoided playing kick and chase soccer. Once again, our fans were awesome and stayed out there in the horrible conditions. Next weeks game is in Hillsboro against some authentic minority players, so we will face a great test to our momentum, but I think we can triumph.

post script
Thanks to the Rachel, Misha, Cynda team for posting. Misha hasn't yet posted but she had a very long comment explaining her point of view with the whole seizure episode on my post about it. I now have the full story from the doctor if anyone cares.

2 comments:

Scott Nye said...

I'll probably make you repeat it tomorrow 'cause I might not check the blog tonight, but dude...out with it! Very curious to know what the doc said.

b said...

Well, it made sense to me, let's see if the rest of you buy it. The doc said that my blood pressure went high from a sympathetic nerve response that told me to get away from the old lady with the razor. I of course resisted that urge, so the old fight or flight thing just made me go super-nervous. And after she was done and I wasn't worried any more, I got relaxed really quickly, a lot of blood drained from my head, and I passed out. He said the seizure was from my body trying to get more blood sent to my head. So that's my new story and I'm gonna try to stick to it.