Friday, October 29, 2004

I can't wait hooray

Sup I'm in history class and it's a work day which is actually a hide in the library and play with stuff day, so I'm posting on the blog hooray. I'm gonna be using hooray a lot in this hooray yay. Um. Yeah, you can probably tell that I'm bored and I haven't been getting enough sleep. So anyhoo.

I can't wait for that crazy arse two week period when the musical takes over the lives of the key crew and makes us all run on survival mode. You know: only enough sleep to keep from hallucinating, only eating at Carl's or whatever you can find in the shop even if it's been there for possibly months, only doing enough homework to keep from failing, only studying for tests backstage so you do wind up failing... no, seriously, I'm not bitching. It's actually a lot of fun. You sort of hunker down and work on one thing for two weeks, and your entire focus shifts off of everything else and onto doing something that you love. And then opening night! The anxiety, the pants-shitting anticipation, and the fun when stuff doesn't go wrong and in fact actually works well. And then closing night and strike-- breaking crap and then looking at your grades and wondering how you're going to pick up the pieces but not really caring because hey you just did something really cool that a lot of folks never really get to do. That and you just broke stuff hooray. I used really like 3 times in that sentence wow.

And seriously, during "The Music Man" I ate a french fry out of the garbage. That wasn't the best decision in the world. Nor was it when I stole and ate some of Chris's chips during the first run of "Proof."Or when I was so tired that I shaved off a large portion of my pinky nail when I was trying to shave my legs after a rehearsal of "The Music Man." Twice. Good stuff. Um... so techies, post your random sleep-deprived tech moments because they're funny. Like Lazaghnakah. Now THERE was a day (seriously, it was more like 26 hours.) Hoo boy. I CAN'T WAIT!

Oh shit November can't come soon enough! VIVE LA TECH!

No comments: